Chapter 43

Adrienne

"Are you close to being done?" I whined in my seat.

"If you would have stayed still throughout and not have spent an hour on the phone with your boyfriend, I would have finished earlier. I only have five braids left"

Lawrence practically yanked the back of my head and with each pressure he applied to my scalp, the easily I was becoming irritated. I had no problem getting box braids, but I was way too tender headed and impatient at times.

"You are braiding too tight. Goodness"

"Girl we got to get through this, so give it another ten minutes"

I bit onto my bottom lip as he wrapped up the back of my head and just like he said, ten minutes is how much it had taken us to finish. Besides the pain it took to get through braiding my hair, I flipping my braids around and also running my fingers through them. I just loved how thick they felt.

Since I was feeling myself way too much, my selfies were rapidly filling up my phone gallery and even sharing one for Instagram with the caption, 'Absolutely loving my braids 😋'.

I planned on killin' this new look for another week or so, and I'll most likely be back to my natural look.

Tuesday morning Kyrie gave me the biggest surprise by coming to Beverly Hills and believe me when I say I was happy because I was dancing around all over the place.

I was taken back that he decided to spend some time with me before the playoffs began this Sunday, where they would be playing against the Celtics. I probably wasn't the only one happy since Josh had came as well and though Zizi tried to seem like she wasn't thrilled about seeing him, it was very obvious that she was deep inside.

Cutest moment had to have been when he chose for us to get some type of matching piece of jewelry. Kyrie settled on an all black beaded bracelet with 'Adrienne' engraved in the center, while mine was of the Cavaliers wine and gold color and 'Kyrie' also engraved in the center. I couldn't get over how sweet this was and snapped a picture of both of our wrist with the bracelets on. Of course it went on Instagram and my caption, 'A&K 🙊'.

"You okay?"

I nodded my head, adjusting the sunglasses on the brim of my nose before looking out around. Soon I felt his lips connect to my right cheek.

I looked up at Kyrie smiling, "Why did you do that?"

He just shrugged his shoulder, smirking and I couldn't help but to playfully roll my eyes at how cute he was.

Before we decided to go out to dinner my house the was typical chill zone, literally. Kyrie and I cuddled on the recliner watching hilarious vine videos on his phone, Josh and Zizi took over my kitchen island area playing spades, while Jux was out on the balcony attending a phone call.

Around seven is when everyone decided to get ready because reservations were around eight thirty. Dinner was at Palm Restaurant Downtown Los Angeles, and we all had a group table placed in the back. Everyone started off their orders with drinks, and appetizers before the main meals.

"You starting to look like a caveman now" I placed my hands on the sides of Kyrie's face, just taking in the amount of facial hair he had now grown.

He allowed his fingers to move up and down his chin, "You don't like my grizzly look?"

I gently picked up my margarita glass bringing it towards my lips, "You might want to trim it just a little"

"Maybe after playoffs" he licked his lips, chuckling a bit. "I wanna' rock this some more"

Feeling the alcohol kick in a bit, I just smiled, nodding my head.

The rest of dinner we shared laughs, conversations and pictures. Spending time with Kyrie was definitely something I was going to have to deal without with playoffs coming up.

**

"You know what would be really nice of you right now?" I whispered onto to the back of Kyrie's neck, as he walked into my house with me on his back.

"I hope nothing ridiculous, cause' I just carried you all the way from the car to here" he chuckled lightly, placing me down onto the couch gently.

I shook my head with a pout, "I just really want a foot massage"

I could have sworn he smacked his lips, but I ignored it after he had taken a seat beside me, and placed both of my legs on his laps.

"How do you take these off?" Kyrie laughed, holding up my left leg trying to figure out how to remove the Giuseppe Zanotti Design 'Afro Wild' fringed peep toe boots.

"The zippers right there on the bottom side" I pointed to where the zipper was located, just for him to raise his eyebrows.

I leaned over for the remote to turn the television on as Kyrie removed both heels, and began massaging my right foot while he pleaded for me to turn on his favorite TV show, Family guy.

"You're lucky I like you because I do not touch feet at all"

"My feet are cute though" I unlocked my phone, feeling some pressure being applied. Gentle.

A greater amount of pressure was applied, causing me to jump. "Ouch, that freaking hurts Ky" I winced from the pain. He stopped and switched to my left feet, while keeping his eyes on the television not blinking once.

I snuck a picture of him and sent it to Instagram and twitter with the caption, 'foot massages during Family guy😚'

"Kyrie"

"Hmm" he mumbled, not even looking over at me and using his knuckles to run over my skin.

"Pay attention to me" I whined softly.

"I am. I'm massaging your feet like you wanted me too"

"My feet and I are not the same thing. What is so interesting about family guy?" I looked over at the screen to see Stewie and Brian yapping off as usual.

"Family Guy is everything"

I rolled my eyes not really seeing the big deal about the animated TV show. Since family guy had his attention for the night, my phone was going to have my attention as Kyrie spent at least thirty more minutes working on my feet.

The next morning I was saddened about Kyrie's departure but remembering he had playoffs to prepare for put me in a somewhat better mood. Zizi even seemed to cheer me up a bit by bringing over a box of a dozen Krispy Kreme donuts.

"Okay, so I think I like Josh"

My eyes nearly fell out the sockets once I heard what had just left her mouth. Finally she admits what I've been trying to get out of her for the past couple of weeks.

"I knew it!" I exclaimed, jumping up from the couch. "What finally got you to admit that you liked him?"

"Well" she paused, looking down at her nude stiletto nails. "I saw how adorable you and Kyrie looked all yesterday and the way you guys looked this morning before they left..." she paused again, licking her lips, "then I said to myself, I could have that Josh but my pride is holding me back man"

"Does Josh feel the same way?"

"Yeah" she simply nodded her head, "He admitted it to me over the phone a week ago but I kind of ruined it"

"Are you serious? Why didn't you tell me any of this?"

"Adrienne you were busy majority of last week and I wasn't about to dump all my issues on you while we were in a different state"

"Zizi you are my best friend, practically sister. I will always make time for your issues and do you not know how cute it would be if best friends dated best friends?"

I remember when Azeena and I were in middle school we used to say things that we were going to date best friends or brothers and I'm sure every young girl has dreamed like that.

Personally I think Josh and Zizi would be extremely cute together and I know for a fact Josh would treat her right, after all you can't cheat on someone as beautiful as Azeena.