Chapter 19

Adrienne

This morning I had received word that my beautiful home was finally fully furnished and arranged. I was so eager to go see how the finishing results were and trust me, walking into the place brought a tear to my eye because it was extremely gorgeous.

Plus I've invested over one million dollars into this home, so it had better been done in perfection.

"I'm just so impressed by the work that was done here" I continued observing the whole house.

"This is really nice" Chanel removed her Gucci sunglasses from her face.

"We just want the best for Ms. Taylor" Dave one of the chief designers spoke.

"Trust me, this is beyond the best"

"I'm glad you like it Ms. Taylor" he nodded his head.

I continued smiling, just as my gold iPhone 6+ began to ring. "Excuse me", I walked away and onto the patio answering the call.

"Hey kid" I chuckled.

I heard him smack his teeth. "Surprised you answered"

"I know, my apologies. I've just been busy with this whole new schedule"

"I understand. What are you doing anyways" Kyrie asked.

"Finally getting to see my new home, remember I told you I had bought a new place?"

"Oh yeah, but I thought you bought it months ago?"

"I did, but I decided to hire a styling crew to furnish the place"

"So you're in LA?"

Nodding my head, as if he could see me. "I sure am. When did you go back to Cleveland?"

"Oh I'm not in Ohio. We have a game against the Lakers tomorrow so I'm still in LA" he answered.

"You have a game on New Years Eve? That's wild"

"Tell me about it" Kyrie chuckled.

"Well I'm hosting a New Year's party tomorrow. So if you have a chance, maybe after your game you should come through" I smiled, really wanting him to show up.

"Uh, I'll try but I got to get back to practice. Face-time tonight?"

"Alright kid and sure" I bit my bottom lip.

"Cool. Bye Adrienne"

"Bye kid" I clicked the red button ending the phone call.

"Who was that?" a voice said behind me. I turned around to see Chanel leaning against the glass door.

"Um, nobody" I shook my head.

She raised her eyebrows carefully at me. "Mhm. Of course"

"Yeah, let's go see the rest of the place" I squeezed my way past her and inside the house.

***

"Adrienne wake up"

I gently opened my eyes, but quickly shut them once the bright sun hit them. Instead of getting up, I buried myself under the silk, white blanket.

"Adrienne you have to get up. You have styling this morning"

"Can I please get another hour?" I pleaded.

"No, they're expecting you at nine o'clock" Kirsten said, before walking over to the windows and opening them.

"Are you serious?" I raised my head a bit.

"Can you please get up?"

"I'm up" I stretched a bit, raising myself off the bed and heading towards the direction of the bathroom.

It had taken me a complete two hours to shower and dress up, which had caused us to arrive at the styling late. Out of the variety of outfits the stylist had held before me only one caught my eye, which was a tangerine colored, long sleeve crop-top and knotted tulip skirt set with a pair of gold Christian Louboutin Follies Spikes heels.

"It's almost nine o'clock. We can't be late" Kirsten popped her head in the room.

"I'm almost done" I attempted to speak, as one of the females placed lip gloss on my lips.

It didn't even occur to me that we had spent pretty much the whole day here until after my hair and make- up was finished. I must give it to my styling crew because I looked like a complete goddess tonight.

*

As we arrived to the venue it was completely packed. The amount of people that showed up tonight was ridiculous, it was individuals everywhere. Most people weren't even allowed in, which sucked.

I was having a marvelous time and so were the one's around me.

Kyrie

"Don't you look sharp" my father walked into the hotel bathroom looking at me. 

I looked back into the mirror, observing my outfit and spraying some cologne on.

"Actually it looks like you're heading to a date"

I licked my lips, shaking my head. "Nah, just a New Year's party"

"It's a girl you like that's gonna be there?"

All I could do was chuckle. "Why you ask that?"

"Kyrie you're my son. I know you too well"

"Okay fine"

"I knew it, so who does my son have his eye on?" he questioned.

"Her name is Adrienne" I rubbed my chin, playing with my growing beard. "It's kind of weird though"

"How is it weird Kyrie? You like the girl don't you?" my father questioned me.

"I mean of course, but she's Adrienne Taylor. The most gorgeous female ever. Literally I wouldn't expect someone like her to even look my way"

"Well son. She most likely saw something special in you, because you are a special kid"

I always came to my father for advice. I could talk to him about almost anything because my father was like a best friend and brother to me which made him more understanding.

"I honestly think if you like someone then you tell her how you truly feel, because she most likely could have the same feelings towards you"

"Thanks" I smiled, nodding my head.

"Welcome son. Have fun tonight, but don't get too crazy" he laughed.

"I won't" I cheesed, right before he left the room.

I'm so ready for tonight!