Chapter 20

Kyrie

"Hey" Adrienne's small arms pulled me in, embracing into a hug.

"Wassup"

"Thank you for coming out"

"No problem"

"Oh this is my boy Jux" I introduced the two to each other. They just looked at each other for a minute, before she gave him a hug. Jux was speechless, so it was pretty obvious he was a bit star struck.

"Hi, nice to meet you"

"Pleasure is mine. I can't believe Adrienne Taylor just gave me a hug"

"Aww, that's sweet" she giggled, showing her perfectly whitened teeth. "And don't you look cute tonight" her eyes roamed my body up and down.

"Thank you. So do you"

She looked absolutely wonderful tonight. The way her hazelnut skin glowed in the light and her almond colored eyes stood out was breathtaking. Adrienne was honestly a walking goddess and one of the most beautiful creatures ever.

"Come sit" she grabbed my hand, leading us towards another section in VIP. "Do you drink?"

"Yeah, but not a lot"

She nodded and smiled. "So I heard you guys got the win tonight"

"Yup. It wasn't easy"

"I would have watched, but I was getting ready for tonight"

"Well you look really beautiful" I whispered over the loud music.

"You're sweet"

"Adrienne, the countdown is about to start" a female of dark tone complexion ran towards us. "It's almost twelve"

I looked at my wristwatch as the time read '11:59'

"Ky, meet my best friend Kirsten. Kirsten meet-"

"Kyrie Irving. I know him" she raised her eyebrows, before smirking. "You are even cuter in person"

Taken back a bit from her remark. I just licked my lips, mumbling. "Thank you"

"Come on" Adrienne grabbed my hand towards the balcony area, as we looked over at the crowds of people cheering.

"Five, four, three, two, one"

Everyone began to scream Happy New Years. Less than one minute the whole club became incredibly lit.

Adrienne

"Happy New Year. Welcome to two thousand and fifteen" my voice boomed through the speakers from the microphone I was holding in my hand.

At least each individual in the building at the moment looked like they were having a good time, and I admit so was myself. The food was amazing, the music was great and the whole vibe just kept everything in place.

"Why do you keep staring at him?"

"Seriously, can he have his face back?"

Chanel and Kirsten appeared beside me completely knocking me out of the little stare down I was giving Kyrie who happened to be on the other side of the VIP.

"What are you talking about?"

"You keep looking over at Kyrie. I've seen you do it all night" Chanel answered, placing her glass down.

"Vice versa too. Either he is staring or you are" Kirsten added.

"You guys are ridiculous"

"I think you like him Adrienne"