Chapter 39

Adrienne

For the first time Kyrie ended up getting dressed before me. My outfit which consisted of a royal blue cut out skirt set and a pair of Giuseppi Zanotti sandals. After all if Kyrie was going to be looking nice, it was only right that I fit his style.

Luckily Zizi was around to help me with my hair and makeup, while the guys were all chilling downstairs.

In no time we were fully dressed and all headed to the restaurant for the evening. Dinner went way better than I had originally planned. I tried as much not to spend most of my time on my phone and just enjoy the company of my boyfriend and his friends because this was his night and not mine.

Though I did meet his older sister Asia, and she warmed up closer to me sooner than I expected and it was nothing like how I had imagined our first time meeting.

I also took notice of how close Zizi and Josh were becoming and the fact they sat right next to each other flirting the night away. Goodness.

We sang happy birthday as they brought out a small cake for him. Everyone was either recording a video or taking pictures, and I myself did both. It was nice to see how happy he looked around friends and family.

The next stop was the club, which Kyrie knew nothing about. He actually assumed we were going back to his house but didn't want to believe it when we pulled up to the club and people all stood outside screaming.

"You planned this too?" he looked back at me, grabbing my hand as we walked inside.

I shook my head, biting my bottom lip and smirking.

"Happy Birthday Kyrie Irving"

The place looked exactly how I wanted it to look and I'll admit man Zizi is the most amazing friend ever. It was crowded with people and the music was just perfect. Our VIP section was beyond lit and it brought a smile to see everyone having a good time, especially Kyrie.

"Everywhere is turn't" Zizi yelled over the loud music to me.

I nodded my head agreeing, "I know right. Good job boo"

She smiled and pointed over at Kyrie who was chugging down a bottle of Moet, "Your boy is too damn happy"

"It's his night. He has to be" I smiled, and brought my iPhone out recording him as he danced around.

You could tell half of my family was part island because there was absolutely no song I didn't dance to and I still managed to keep it classy. Tonight was just filled with nothing but good vibes and I loved every moment of it. It wasn't my birthday but I was glad that Kyrie was happy right now and that is all that mattered to me.

Slightly I was a little bit drunk but I could control myself and after Kyrie thanked everyone for coming out I was beginning to come to reality. I smiled thanking a few people, and a bit sad that the night was ending but then I realized the time was already passed three in the morning.

Kyrie on the other hand was something else once we got back to his place. He had a little too much to drink, but hey you can't blame him after all it was his birthday.

"You are like the best girlfriend ever" he threw himself onto the bed, not bothering to change his outfit. "I can't believe you did all this for me"

"I'm happy that you're happy kid" I smiled, walking over to a big red bag near my suitcases. He watched my every move and I smiled bringing the bag over to the bed. "Happy Birthday"

Kyrie leaned up smirking, "What is it?"

"Open it" I pouted.

He nodded slightly before opening the big red bag and I swear his mouth almost dropped. I smiled as he brought out the large, blue studded MCM backpack that even had his initials 'KI' engraved on the handle.