Chapter 51

2015 Finals- Cavaliers vs. Warriors (Overtime)

The Oracle arena was filled with nothing but cheers and roars. With two minutes left in overtime and Golden State ahead by four points, the Cavaliers were fighting extremely hard to score right now.

Cleveland Cavalier's point guard, who was being guarded by Golden State's Klay Thompson, dribbled his way to the paint. No one could tell what exactly happened, except to see the young point guard come falling down on his knees.

"Irving falls down, hangs on and gets it to JR Smith"

JR Smith attempts to shoot a three but misses. Happy Warriors fan cheered on as their power forward Draymond Green caught the rebound and ran with the ball, while Irving struggles to make it over to the bench.

"Green with another rebound and Kyrie Irving is hurt, limping up the floor"

A replay was shown and it seems like Klay Thompson may have made some hard contact with Irving's left knee. The young Cavalier's point guard who seemed to be in much pain was escorted, limping out of the arena and towards the locker rooms with an athletic trainer.

Azeena

Voicemail, the only thing I kept receiving each time I called Adrienne's phone. Right now everyone's emotions were high after watching Kyrie take a terrible fall during overtime of Game 1 Finals.

It was sad to see how much he struggled limping off the court with the Cavaliers athletic trainer. The first person who came to my mind was Adrienne because she wasn't here at the moment and since she wasn't answering her phone, was not making the situation any better.

"Did she answer?" Josh interrupted my thoughts.

"No I keep getting her voicemail" I sighed, with frustration.

"Damn. Call her assistant or something"

Why didn't I think to call Kyle or Jessica? They always answer their phones when Adrienne can't and I had a good feeling one of them would pick.

Without wasting time I quickly dialed Jessica's number and waited until she picked up on the third ring.

"Hello Jessica Miles. Adrienne Taylor's assistant, who am I speaking with?"

"Umm Jessica, its Zizi"

"Oh hi Azeena" she said dryly.

"Is Adrienne around by chance? I really need to talk to her"

"She is, but I don't think she's in the mood to speak to anyone right now"

"Tell her it's me Zizi. I'm sure she'll want to talk to me"

I heard her sigh with annoyance, "Like I said earlier, she isn't in the mood to speak to anyone"

"If you do not get Adrienne on this damn phone" I paused, stopping myself from cursing her out. "We'll see how long you'll be keeping that damn job"

"I'll see what I can do"

"That's what I thought" I rolled my eyes.

I could tell she placed the phone on mute, because there was absolutely no sound being heard and she knew better not to have hung up on me if she really loved her job.

"Hello Zi, what's wrong? What's the emergency?"

Once Adrienne got onto the phone, her voiced seemed cracked and as a friend I knew her too well. It was pretty obvious she had been crying earlier.

"Adrienne, first off are you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm fine but what's the emergency?"

"Is your phone not on or something?" I asked, placing my hand on my hip. "and Dri I might not have some pleasant news"