Chapter 60

Adrienne

"You did an amazing job and that's from the heart, 'cause you like a little sister to me now"

A huge smile graced my face listening to Kanye who sat on the other side of the couch from me. By now the festival had already ended and pretty much everyone was just chilling and enjoying a small after party backstage.

"Thank you, that actually means a lot to me"

Music blared from the speakers, drinks were overflowing cups, and the moments were being snapped off of phones or from the media. A couple flicks were taken off of my phone and I decided to share a few on Instagram.

Officialadrienne: Glastonbury fun

Officialadrienne: after party with Yeezy

Officialadrienne: thank you London. Love you guys' 🇬🇧

Before I shut my phone off for the night, I realized that my name had been trending all over twitter. Mostly a few disappointed fans wondering why I didn't make an appearance at the BET awards tonight, but also congratulating me on winning a few nominations. Apparently I had won Best female actress, best video, best feature, and Coco- Cola's viewer's choice award.

It made me feel really good that people were very supportive of my movies and music, and it let me push myself to continue and work way harder than I do now.

***

Quickly I walked out of the hotel trying to avoid all paparazzi and fans. With the help of the surrounding body guards I was able to make it to the black SUV's. Right now we were heading to the airport and getting ready to travel back to the states. It was a fun time in London but now it was time to get back to more serious things.

The whole flight, I was able to catch up on some sleep that I've been missing on these past couple of days. I knew when I got back to California that my schedule would be a bit hectic until Fourth of July weekend, which was this Saturday.

Jessica was around to help me unpack my things once we got back in an hour ago, but I didn't see the point since we had to leave for Dallas on Wednesday to do some promo for one of the movies I would be starring in. I haven't even got the chance to relax or even take a shower, not to mention I haven't even looked at my phone since the time we left London.

A little after seven in the evening, my best friend and cousin stopped by and let's just say I missed them very much. My bedroom was cluttered in mess of clothes, shoes, and half empty luggage's. A serious clean up needed to be done and knowing the girls, it was no way they were going to even consider helping. I honestly didn't remember this place looking so messy before I left.

"We definitely need to go shopping tomorrow before you leave for Dallas" Zizi smiled.

"I can barely get rid of the amount of clothes I have here and you're trying to add more to it" I huffed, picking up a few pair of pants off the floor. "I seriously need to slow down on the shopping"

"I'll go with you tomorrow Zi" Maya made herself comfortable on my bed.

"Thanks babe"

I stopped cleaning for a moment and found myself becoming hungry. Now normally I would suggest heading out to dinner and eating some extravagant meal, but my 30 day cleanse was still in effect and I was doing a good job maintaining it.

*

"How much weight do you plan on losing?"

"So far I've lost fifteen pounds and my goal was to lose twenty" I took a whiff of the light strawberry banana smoothie. "It smells so good"

"You already lost enough weight though" Zizi shook her head. "I couldn't do it. Honestly I would be too tempted to eat out of my diet"

I placed the straw in my mouth, taking a sip. I hummed in satisfaction tasting the strawberry goodness. "Tastes even better, wanna try some?"

"Nah" she shook her head, placing her hand up. "I rather stick to my Hennessey"

"Suit yourself but you are definitely missing out"

"And you are becoming a health freak" she laughed, running her fingers through her natural jet black hair. "Trying to look good for Kyrie this weekend. I see you"

"Shut up" I giggled.

It wasn't like she was lying though, but still I wanted to look good for myself. It has been like five weeks since I've physically seen Kyrie so it would be good to show him what he's been missing lately.

The rest of the night pretty much ended up in me doing my best to convince Azeena into joining me through my cleanse. She didn't want to hear for at all, but this morning I work up to find her drinking one of the left over smoothies chef Coleman had prepared. Surprisingly she fell in love with it and decided to give it a try.

Rest of the day I got a day off from work. This allowed me to spend some time at the spa for waxes, and the nail salon for a mani-pedi. Something different needed to be done to my hair, and Lawrence was just one phone call away when I needed him. He didn't waste time getting to my place with my hair kit and tools.

"You want something different? Meaning....?" He trailed off looking at me unsure of what I meant.

"It's summertime and I'm tired of adding so much heat to my hair. Long box braids will do for now"

He nodded his head, and began combing through my natural curls. Did I forget to mention that it is very hard being a black female with natural hair which is why I like to add weave in, because when you have natural hair combing it is really stressful.

Due to the length and amount of hair, it took a total of six hours to complete. The finishing result was beyond beautiful and I didn't even care about the pain I endured. Lawrence hands were truly blessed.

***

Arriving into Dallas on Wednesday afternoon was a little chaotic. The amount of paparazzi at the airport was just a tad bit uncalled for. I did my best to smile and keep it moving, signing just a few autographs for the small children.

Kyrie seemed like he knew the right moments to call me because right when I got to the hotel suite, his call was coming through my phone and of course I had to answer. Our conversation literally lasted for a little over two hours but he ended being the one to hang up first due to the fact he needed to attend his rehab session.

Thursday was so challenging and barely had time to sit down and just think. All this promo work was honestly no joke and the media was having a field with pictures. Answering questions from the press all day can become a bit tiring, but I didn't mind the signing of autographs and taking pictures with the fans.

It wasn't until we came back to the hotel around one pm, when Azeena reminded me that Fourth of July was this weekend. I didn't even realize we were already in July and how fast June had come and gone. That was unlike me to forget because we were actually supposed to be flying out to Miami tomorrow to celebrate Independence Day.

Not to mention I finally get to enjoy and spend the weekend with bae, after five whole weeks of not even being around each other. I had a strong feeling this was going to be a good week.