Chapter 49

Adrienne

Sunday, Zi and I were back in California and I was dealing with one of the most annoying situation right now. When we had arrived in Los Angeles and coming off the plane, I took a wrong step and fell on my ankle.

I had a private physician come over and check it out and informed me that I had sprained it, and will have to be on crutches for about a week or two.

This was not good news at all because finals were in exactly this week Friday. Not just that but I have so many things I need to handle and I refused to let this predicament hold me back.

"This is just great" I looked down at the pink, bedazzled cast on my right leg.

"How did it happen?" Chanel sat down on the couch next to me.

I sighed, "Coming off the plane yesterday and I didn't see the last step, so I ended up falling on my ankle"

"Damn" she giggled.

"That's not even funny"

"I know it's not funny but it's gonna' be funny watching you on crutches" she busted out laughing. "On the bright side, I'm free this week so your favorite cousin is here to assist with whatever you need help with"

"That's so nice of you Chanel, but Zizi already volunteered to help me out"

"Yeah, but Azeena isn't here right now" she smiled, placing my foot upon the pillow.

I never mentioned my injury to Kyrie but he did hear through Josh, who heard from Zizi; that my ankle was sprained and instantly called me extremely worried and making a big deal about it. I told him that I was completely fine and that I would be back on my feet in no time, and that he was the one who needed to focus on his health and preparing for these finals.

Monday, I was so drained out going from meeting to meeting and I was refusing to let these crutches stop me from taking care of business. Yes, it was a struggle because my armpits were killing me and I was growing exhausted by the moment.

"I really hate using crutches"

My assistant Jessica helped pull my chair out, so I could sit down. "Is there anything else you would like Miss. Taylor?"

"A bottle of water, please"

"Fiji or Voss?"

I scrunched my face, "Voss"

She nodded her head, before walking off and around a corner. Not too long Zizi made her way into the conference room and even took a seat.

"Where did you go?" I asked, looking over at her.

"I was roaming" she replied.

I nodded my head just at Liam and one of the executives entered and we soon began the fourth and last meeting of the day. It only lasted about two hours and around seven in the evening is when I was allowed to go.

The amount of cameras walking out the building was completely unnecessary and I was already irritated about the fact that I was on crutches, so paparazzi snapping pictures and asking questions weren't making the situation any better.

"Adrienne what exactly happened to your leg?"

"Adrienne why is your cast bedazzled?"

"Adrienne will you be attending the NBA finals?"

"Go Cleveland" I muttered, finally making it to the SUV as Ron held the back door open for me. I hopped my way inside, while Zizi and Jessica entered from the other side of the car.