Chapter 10

Adrienne

One Month Later

Majority of today I’ve spent most of my time in the studio writing music. A lot of things have been happening in my life, and the best way I can express it is by writing and singing. Thanksgiving was also coming up this week, and I wanted to get a lot done so I could travel back home and spend time with my family. 

Jotting down a few more things on my notepad, the door soon opened causing me to look back and see Lawrence walking in.

“Hey Missy” I gave him my full attention.

He removed his sunglasses. “Hey mami, look at you in action”

“Just writing”

Lawrence took a seat beside me on the couch, and placed his handbag down on the ground. “So what has my favorite chica been up to?”

I couldn’t help but smile. "Work. My everyday lifestyle"

“Mhm I don't think so because I know that smile” he pointed all over my face. “You met someone didn’t you?”

"What?"

"Come on Adrienne, fess up baby girl" 

All I did was sigh deeply. "I have no idea what you're talking about”

"Okay we gon' play dumb this afternoon"

“I’m so serious”

“I hear you. So what are you doing for thanksgiving?" he sat back in the seat, crossing his legs.

"Um. Well I really want to go visit my mom, because you know I couldn't spend Thanksgiving or Christmas with her last year because I was caught up with work"

He nodded his head, "Yeah, that's good because with your brother being gone now she needs her two daughters around"

"Exactly" I licked my lips, patting my head gently. "She doesn't deserve to be alone this year"

We chatted for about an hour, and I contined more on my work. Three days later I was on a private jet heading to North Carolina to spend the thanksgiving with my mother. My mom was the person who made me the women I am today; I absolutely love her with all my heart. 

"So Drea couldn't come home this year?" my mom said, walking around the couch and taking a seat next to me. 

"Last time I talked to her, she was talking about a movie she was doing" 

My older sister Drea was also an actress, and our communication wasn't everyday because we both have really busy schedules. 

"Well I'm glad you came this year" she smiled. "And your hair looks amazing" 

I smiled, Lawrence had hooked me up with these amazing box braids that I absolutely loved so much. "Thank you, and how have you been?"

"I've been great"

"That's good" nodding my head, as a light tear formed in my eyelid. The death of my brother was really hard on us, especially me because he was like my best friend and his life was taken away from him so quick.

"Adriennea don't cry. God gives and he takes" 

"Your right mom" I kissed her cheek. 

The next day was Thanksgiving and I was so happy. My mom and I stayed up all night cooking all types of dishes such as Macaroni and cheese, spinach, fried chicken, turkey, cornbread and so much more. 

Some family members were coming over and I loved being around my family. They bring so much joy in my life and I am grateful for them.

My phone was going off pretty much the whole day with people wishing my happy thanksgving, and other important information. I even spoke to Kyrie earlier this morning and he had informed me he would be feeding homeless people with the rest of his teammates.