Chapter 53

Adrienne

It's been three days since I've came back to Los Angeles, and I have been nothing but a workaholic. I was barely home, stayed in the studio all day, reviewed scripts after scripts, and hardly got any sleep. Not to mention, the cast was finally off my leg and that made it really easy for me to move around more.

A lot was happening in these couple of days and on top of that I was planning a birthday dinner for Zizi, who wasn't in town because she was visiting Josh in Ohio. I missed my best friend, but my cousin Maya on my dad's side came to town and was an amazing company.

Not just that but Kyrie was out the hospital and still on crutches, sadly. I speak to him every chance I get, just to make sure he's okay and check up on him as well.

My mother went for her treatment two days ago and that turned out really successful. They were able to remove the cancer before it became too aggressive, and I was very thankful to God for that. If not for the things I had to handle here, I would have flew out and stayed with her but my older sister Drea was already down there.

"Knock, knock"

My eyes looked over to the front door as Maya entered the room holding a box of Krispy Kreme doughnuts.

"Hey" I crossed my hands together, watching her place the box down and take a seat. "You decided to come pay me a visit in the studio?"

"Yeah" she cheesed, crossing her legs. "Decided to see you in action and also bring you a treat"

"You know I'm not big on doughnuts, but thank you"

She reached behind her, and pulled out her iPhone. "So when is princess Zizi coming back? Isn't tomorrow her birthday? June thirteenth"

"She'll be in California tomorrow morning"

"Four hour flight. Isn't she going to be exhausted?"

I actually spoke to Zizi this morning and she said she will be in town on Saturday morning. Her birthday dinner would be later in the evening so I don't think she'll be too exhausted. Well I would hope not. 

"I doubt it" I chuckled, lifting the lid off the box and using a napkin to pick up a doughnut. "I think she said she'll be coming back with Josh too"

"Oooh, so I get to meet him her new boo thang?" she spoke, with the thickest southern accent.

I chuckled to myself at her and saw as she reached over grabbing my phone. "Hello" she answered, while I just furrowed my eyebrows not realizing that it was vibrating.

"No, this isn't her" she paused, smiling over at me. "It's her cousin". I shook my head, biting into my doughnut as she spoke. "Oh so you're Kyrie? ..... Yeah, I know about 'chu .... Do you know you kind of sound like a white guy?"

She laughed, while I just glared at her, chewing on my doughnut. "Are you sure you from Jersey? ... You don't sound like a jersey boy though .....Oh that's why. You from West Orange"

I snapped my fingers, motioning for her to hand over the phone.

She signaled for me to hold on, "So how exactly did someone from the north get with someone from the south? You know people from the north can't handle a southern girl .... Yeah, cause if you do us wrong we chop y'all dicks off"

My mouth dropped, as I fought hard not to laugh. "Where is the chill?"

"But Kyrie you seem like a nice guy though, so we won't really have a problem .... It was nice talking to you though, so I'm bout to give Adri the phone"

I laughed licking my fingers, accepting the phone from her. "Hello Ky"

"Your cousin is really funny" he laughed.