Chapter 3

Adrienne

"Flowers for you" my best friend and hairstylist Lawrence smiled, walking into my dressing room holding a huge bouqet of roses.

"Who are they from?" I asked, getting up from the chair I was sitting in, and looking at  the roses. I found a small card inside and opened it to see 'Aubrey"

I sighed and reached for my iPhone 6 plus, unlocking it and looking through my contacts to see his name. Clicking on it, I held the phone to my ear as it rang.

"I see you got my flowers" he spoke.

"Yeah I did, just like I got the ones you sent last week. You must love sending me flowers"

"I can't help it, you been on my mind this week" he chuckled. I heard music in the background, so I knew he had to be in the studio.

"That's sweet, but music needs to be more on your mind than me" I sighed, playing with the ends of my hair.

"You both stay on my mind"

"Whatever you say, are you in the studio?" I asked.

"Yeah, been here all morning" he coughed. "Plus, I have a song I want you on"

"Hmm that's fine with me, I've been in California for two days now so we can make that happen"

"Alright, I'm gonna send you the link and you can do your magic"

I chuckled lightly.  "Of course Aubrey"

"Its kind of busy over, so I gotta go"

"It's cool, bye Aubrey"

"Bye gorgeous" he said, then the call ended. I shook my head and placed my phone down.

"Not to be all in your business, but I really don't understand why you wont give the guy a chance" Lawrence spoke.

I looked over at him, completely forgetting he was still in the room.

"We are just friends" I smiled, grabbing the brush that was on the table. "Plus I like staying single, less stress to my life"

He snatched the brush out of my hand "Baby girl, you don't know what you're talking about"

"I've known you for how long? You have never had a boyfriend and it's all your fault. You sing about relationships, but have never experienced one"

"That's doesn't mean anything. I choose to stay single" I said.

"Why Adrienne? You're absolutelty gorgeous, you can have any man you want. How many guys have been tryna holla at you? A lot" he stated, making a part through the middle of my hair. "Goodness, your freaking Adrienne Taylor"

"I'm not understanding"

"Once you find that right guy. It's the best feeling in the world, and everything else is irrelevent to life baby doll"

"And you would know?" I chuckled, looking at him through the mirror.

"Duh! I got myself a man"