Chapter 37

Adrienne

The island of Bora Bora was extremely beautiful. First thing I wanted to do was get into the water because the ocean was too amazing not to get in but likewise Kirsten and Azeena had other options.

"You guys really don't wanna get in the water with me?"

"Adrienne there is plenty of time for water activities, but right now let's go explore"

I sucked my teeth and placed my creme colored Chanel Camellia Flower Jelly flip flops on. Even though I really wanted to go swimming, I'll admit I had fun sightseeing and around evening time we were treated to a wonderful dinner and show on one of the beaches. The meal was good, the music as well and I even got to dance with a couple of the performers and learn a few new dances.

When we came back to the suite everyone else ended up crashing but since I slept through most of the plane ride so I had managed to stay awake and when Kyrie called it just gave another reason for me not to fall asleep.

"Can you go to sleep? It's too early for those lovey dovey phone calls"

I looked over to see Kirsten stirring around in her sleep and her body completely wrapped around with the silk covers. Her face was very visible and she definitely was the type of person who did not play about their sleep. I mouthed 'sorry' and resumed back to my phone call. It was morning where he was and night over here and just from his voice alone you could tell he had very much woken up.

"Talking to you right now is like my good luck charm"

"Why you say that?" I cheesed.

"It's like every time we talk early in the mornings, I always play better at games and I need as much luck as I can tonight against the Spurs"

I chuckled, "I am not your good luck charm, shut up"

"It's true, talking to you early mornings make me play better"

"But Kyrie regardless of me being your good luck charm, you are a kick ass player. Do you not see how good you are on that court?"

"I wasn't playing like that last season. You should have seen what those media people said about me"

"Who cares what they say. You are beyond talented and you have an incredible gift. The media talk bad about me all the time but I don't do what I do for them. I do it for my fans and family and it doesn't matter what they say about you, just go out there and be yourself tonight"

All of a sudden I heard the flushing of a toilet and my left brow rose all the way up. I'm here trying to give him a support talk and he was peeing the whole time.

"Did you just flush the toilet during my amazing pep talk?"

"My fault, I had to pee" he chuckled, and soon I heard the running of water.

"Why do you always have to pee when were on the phone. Like that's not even cute at all"

He soon began laughing, "I thought that was relationship goals and plus you peed on the face time, so were even"

"That was only because you refused to end the call and plus I'm cute so I can pull it off"

"Why would I end the call just so you could use the bathroom? That didn't even make sense"

"Because I'm Adrienne and I can do stuff like that"

I immediately began busting into laughter after realizing how immature we sounded right now, going back and forth on using the bathroom during phone calls.

"Ugh Kyrie what am I gonna' do with you?" I sighed.

"I hate when were not around each other because it's just not the same on the phone"

"You know I wake up every morning and just think about how lucky I am to call you mine"

"Aww Kyrie, baby that was really sweet. I think the same thing too because I don't know how you understand me so well but you and I really appreciate you"

Spending almost five hours on the phone with Kyrie caused me to wake up at exactly after two in the afternoon. I was still a bit tired and my eyes were fighting to stay awake but after a while in the ocean I was back to my regular 'I don't get tired' mind frame.

Anything that included water the girls and I did it all. From snorkeling, shark and ray feeding, boat touring, sailing and diving, and even jet skiing. Like always every single thing required a Kodak moment and I had no problem working the camera and even sharing a few on Instagram. By the evening time I had managed to pick up a tan, one that was a bit noticeable.

We had dinner at a restaurant called Bloody Mary's and after that we came back to the hotel to watch the Spurs host the Cavaliers. Though we missed some of the first quarter, the game was a bit intense coming into third quarter. My attention was mainly focused on my boyfriend who was doing an incredibly amazing job on the court and trust me I was amazed.

The last seconds of fourth quarter had me on the edge because the Cavs were trailing behind by three and I was worried. The shot clock was winding down quickly and once I seen Kyrie get passed the ball and shoot a three, everything just ended from there. The game tied going into overtime.

"Yes"

Zizi and I shouted in unison, "Overtime"

Half of the San Antonio stadium held looks of disappointment on their faces at the unexpected play that had just been performed.

Just when overtime came it was like a spirit in Kyrie was set off because he was on fire and just making ridiculous shots. The spurs were catching up but with a minute left, I knew the Cavs had this game indeed.

That ending bell went off and I stood up from the couch dancing all over the suite. I was beyond proud of the Cavaliers, but more especially Kyrie who led the scoring with 57 points.

With my phone in my hand the main thing I wanted to do was text him and congratulate him on the amazing performance he held.

Me: You did it ! 😊 Words can't even describe how proud I am of you kid. A remarkable performance you showed tonight. 😘

I also uploaded a picture from his interview when the game ended and captioned 'And yet you never cease to amaze me️ So proud of you 5⃣7⃣'

There was no way for me to describe how stunned I was. Kyrie was truly something incredible and I will forever be proud and cheering him on.