Chapter 5

Kyrie

A Month Later

"Kyrie, uh big difference obviously in how you guys played both ends compared to the preseason. What was the difference in your mind?"

I sighed lightly, adjusting my glasses on my face a bit. "I mean uh, I mean we gave ourselves a chance to win. But uh in second quarter we had them up I think thirteen, fourteen I think that's where as a team we have to grow"

It sucked losing tonight, even though the game was close; we obviously didn't try hard enough during the last quarter and the Knicks got over us.

"It was a combination of all of us, including myself. We turned the ball over a lot and it's just things that we gotta get better at. I feel like we competed at both ends of the floor" Shrugging my shoulders, and looking down at the rest of the reporters.

"You had the energy earlier as a team, but then it kind of spiked as coach said. Could you guys feel that?"

Nodding my head, "Yep, yep definitely. I mean, you know I think everybody could feel it in the whole entire building. But for us we just gotta continue with that energy"

I stuck around a few more questions, but after all of it I just wanted to get back to Cleveland and get some rest on the plane. After tonight I know there's a lot coach is gonna tell us tomorrow in film.

"Hey Kyrie" a group of females waved at me, as I made my way on the team bus. I gave them a slight nod.

"Dude you bugging" Dion said, shaking his head.

"What are you talking about?" I turned over, confused as ever.

"You didn't acknowledge those girls. It's obvious they wanted your attention"

'Wow', was all I had to say. We just lost a game and all he really was talking to me about ignoring some females.

"Dude you're the one that's bugging" I said, before placing my skull candy headphones on top of my head, and resting back a bit.

Adrienne

Stepping out of the elevator and walking closely with my bodyguards trying to ignore the flashes and questions being thrown at me, we managed to finally make it into the boutique.

After spending an hour or two shopping, Drake had called me asking to meet up at the studio since he was in California and I accepted.

"So are you still working on this mix tape?" I asked him.

He nodded his head, and blew a little smoke out the corner of his mouth. I honestly found it unattractive when guys smoked.

"Almost done, but it needs a few touch ups"

"You smoke too much" I chuckled, waving the air from smoke clouds.

Aubrey chuckled, but I honestly didn't see anything funny. "And you work too much"

I rolled my eyes, ignoring his comment. "Don't try to come for me"

"You started it." we both laughed. Drake placed his hand on my thigh, I softly removed it and shaking my head. "No"

A bit of disappointment flashed over his face, but it honestly didn't phase me. I couldn't see myself on that level with Aubrey and I would like if he stopped trying.

***

"These came in for you" my assistant Kyle handed me an envelope. I observed it and realized the PO box was from Ohio. I didn't know much people from Ohio, so it left me a bit confused before opening it.

"You just got this?" I asked Kyle. He nodded his head. "Yes, ma'm"

Hesitating, I opened it gently and looked inside to see three court side tickets to the Cavaliers and Hornets game. Inside was also a small note that read 'Hope you can make it, Kyrie'

I reached over grabbing my iPhone off the coffee table, and going to my recent calls. Clicking on Kyrie's name I waited for him to answer.

"Yo"

"Thank you for the tickets" I smiled.

"It's no biggie. I really hope you could like make it though"

"Umm, I really can't promise anything, but I will try to work something out"

I heard someone call his name in the background. "Yeah, well hopefully I'll see you but my team wants me so I'll talk to you later"

"That's fine Kyrie, have a good day"

"You too Adrienne"

I removed the phone from my ear, and ended the call. I found it sweet Kyrie was inviting me to attend one of his games, we have become extremely close and he had come to be one of my best friends now. He had a chill, laid back personality which was something interesting especially from someone of his occupation.

Not wanting to make promises and disappointment him, I'll try to squeeze a trip to Cleveland into my packed schedule but it's not for sure.