Chapter 47

Adrienne

I left Ohio Monday morning because I had some show to do in San Francisco. By Tuesday evening, I was back in Beverly Hills for some studio time. That day physically drained me because I didn't get out of the studio until one in the morning.

Wednesday I slept in and only woke got up when Kyrie had called me. Just five months of being together in relationship, it's so easy to tell when something is off with him and his tone of voice alone gives it away. Tonight was game one of the eastern conference finals, and just watching limp up and down the court was ridiculous.

Thursday morning he called me to let me know he had flown out to Florida to meet a doctor about both of his legs.

"How do you feel though?"

"I mean" I heard him sigh, and the line was silent for a while. "I feel kind of good but they just want me to sit out for game two"

In a way I was a bit relieved when he said that. Honestly I believed shouldn't have even played in game 1 and now that he isn't playing in game two is kind of good thing. So now his treatment process will be longer and he won't have to keep adding so much pain to his body.

I will always support Kyrie in everything he does, and I'm always proud of his accomplishments but it sucks to see him going through all this pain and frustration.

"Don't feel like it's the end of the world. I know how badly you want this and no matter what I'll be right there supporting you"

"This is why I love talking to you because you always know what to say. Seriously Adge, you're the best"

"Of course I'm the best. I'm Adrienne"

He chuckled through the phone, "I see someone's cocky"

I heard a sound, letting me know my phone battery was low. "Never cocky, just confident and Kyrie text me because my phone is soon to die"

"Alright"

"Ciao" I smooched into the phone before hanging up.

***

By Friday I was in London for a promotion tour. The first thing I did when we landed was go straight to meet up with people and by midnight, I was back at the hotel.

In the morning I woke up feeling extremely exhausted and I would have continued my sleep but Zizi's loud phone conversation kept me up.

"Did they win though?"

"Yeah" Azeena bit into her piece of toast.

Since I had gotten back in late, and knew she would have watched the game; so I just asked her what had happened.

"Great, two to nothing"

"I know right and Kyrie was on the bench not in uniform"

Sipping from my tea cup, "Yeah I know, he told me earlier he wasn't going to play last night"

"Poor kid" she sighed.

"I know right. Part of me kind of blames the Cavs medical staff because it seems like they don't know what the hell they are doing"

I'm pretty sure if Kyrie never flew out to meet that doctor, then he wouldn't have sat out last night. Honestly I feel like the Cavaliers are not taking caution with him, and they keep forcing him to do stuff. You can't do that someone who is playing on two injured legs because if you constantly place them in uncomfortable situations then the worst can be bound to happen.

They can't keep saying Kyrie at twenty percent is better than Kyrie at zero percent. The poor kid goes out there on that court and practices everyday to give it his all because he doesn't want to let his team down but no one the team can seem to understand what he's going through because they aren't the ones dealing with that frustration.