Chapter 45

Adrienne

Achoo! I blew my nose into the tissue for probably the tenth time this morning. I was back in California now and my allergies were beginning to get the best of me. I barely received any sleep last night, and I've been coughing, sneezing, and dealing with watery eyes since yesterday.

"Are you sure you don't just want to go home?" my assistant Jessica handed me another Kleenex tissue. I was getting ready to go through sound check, and I honestly didn't want to cancel this.

I shook my head, feeling myself getting ready to sneeze again. "Choo"

"Bless you"

"Thank you" I croaked, cocking my head a bit to the side.

"Miss. Taylor, I really think it would be better if you went home and got some rest"

"It's okay. I'm fine" I forced a smile, and looked down to see my phone lighting up and Kyrie's name appearing on the screen. "Can you excuse me?"

She nodded, and walked away. Swiping the green answer key, I placed the phone to my ear to answer.

"Hel- achoo!"

"Adge are you okay?"

"Yeah I just-" I coughed hard, trying to clear my throat. "I just have allergies"

"You sound terrible man" he laughed.

"That's not even funny. What are you up to anyways?"

"Nothing, on my way home. Where are you?"

"Sound check" I sniffed.

"Really Adrienne? You can barely talk, why are you at sound check instead of laying in bed?"

"Kyrie it's just allergies. I have so much stuff to do today anyways"

I heard him sigh, "I really think you should be at home though. Did you take any medicine?"

"Kyrie, I'm fine. Really" I sneezed loud. "Since you're worried about me, I should be the one asking are you okay? I meant to ask you before I left, but you were limping kid"

"Oh I'm fine. I just had a little sore in my right leg" he explained.

I coughed a bit, feeling my eyes begin to water. "I hope it's nothing serious but I'm gonna' let you go" I blew my nose with the soft, white tissue. "I'll call you back later"

"Alright Adrienne. Take some medicine and get enough rest"

Smiling at how much concern he had in his voice, "I will, ciao kid"

"Later Adrienne"

I hung up and placed my phone down in my lap. I was beginning to become slightly dizzy and my nose was beginning to feel like it was on fire. That's when I knew I had to go home, and get some rest because I wasn't going to be able to get through the rest of the day.

It didn't take more than thirty minutes to get home, and as I got into my bedroom I just crawled under the crème colored covers and relaxed my back against the headboard.

Though I wasn't sleepy tired, I felt more exhausted. My phone was plugged up beside, my Macbook at the end of the bed, and remote in my right hand. I kept myself entertained by watching movies on Netflix, and later found myself on twitter.

Officialadrienne: 😷

Officialadrienne: allergies suck 😞

Officialadrienne: missed sound check, stuck in bed 😩😤