Chapter 21

Adrienne

"Well this is me" Kyrie and I walked through the front door of my newly owned Beverly Hills home.
"It's still getting arranged. I'm not really done with unpacking"

The whole ride over here was extremely awkward. I didn't talk much and neither did he. We just pretty much rode in silence, which was unusual for the two of us.

His eyes roamed admiring the place. "It's nice. You have some wonderful taste"

"Thank you" I threw my clutch onto the couch. "You're actually my first guest of twenty fifteen". We both laughed at my comment. "Oh and I'll take your shirt to the washer"

He began to unbutton his shirt and my eyes were glued to his every move. I noticed every single piece of ink on his skin once he fully removed his shirt. As much as I tried to keep myself from staring, his body had seem to be sculpted by the gods.

"My face is up here" his cocky tone brought me to reality.

"Shut up, I was looking at your tattoos" I lied, taking the shirt from his hands and walking away with it to avoid the embarrassment.

It only took about four minutes to get the shirt running in the washing machine. Took me a bit longer mainly because I wasn't used to using a washing machine and most of my clothes were personally dry cleaned.

"Your shirt should be ready soon but you can sit"

Kyrie nodded, taking a seat on the couch and rubbing his hands on his jeans. I also joined him on the couch but left some space between the two of us.

"So you and Kirsten seemed to be having a marvelous conversation earlier tonight"

He looked over at me, shaking his lip and biting his bottom lip. "We were just talking. Having a friendly conversation"

"You both are whack" I grabbed the remote and turned on the television.

I felt like this was the moment to tell Kyrie how I felt about him. It was just something I couldn't keep away anymore so I feel a bit more confident saying it now.

"Kyrie can I be honest with you?"

He took his attention away from the television and gave all of it to me. His eyes looking directly into mine. "Yeah"

"For the past months I found myself growing strong feelings for you" Slowly I began to mumble, bringing my head down. "I never said anything because I was afraid you wouldn't feel the same way and it's alright if you don't feel the same"

Raising my head up, I happened to see a smile on his face. "I actually have been wanting to say the same thing to you"

"Really?" I couldn't stop myself from cheesing.

He likes me

"I mean yeah. I have strong feelings for you but why me? I mean you can have any guy you want but what was so special that attracted you to me?"

"Kyrie, why not you?" I gave him direct eye contact. "You're amazingly cute, you have such a wonderful heart, your dedication for what you do amazes me, you're beyond smart and their is so much more in stored for you"

I'm sure by all that I said caught him off guard, just by the facial expression he held.

It's rare that I ever fall for a guy, but I see myself growing deep feelings for and I just happened to grow feelings to someone of that personality.

For a moment we just stared at each other. Our faces barely inches apart, my heart began pounding harder than usual. The next minute Kyrie's soft lips brushed against mine as my arms wrapped around his neck. What seemed like a dream had came to reality as we both spoke with our lips.

Eventually Kyrie pulled away first, just staring at me. We both held huge smiles on our faces. He rubbed his bottom lip with his index finger.

"I want to make this work. Us"

My face couldn't even return back to it's normal state due to the excitement I was feeling right at this very moment. "Me too", I leaned over and placed another kiss on his lips, laying my head on his right shoulder.

Best New Year ever!