Chapter 31

Adrienne

"I definitely don't want to be seen in this"

That probably had to have been the seventh outfit I was tossing aside. I knew the stylists were becoming frustrated just from the facial expressions and rude remarks they held under the breath.

"Is their a problem?", questioning one of them.

"No Miss. Taylor. There is no problem"

"That's what I thought"

The lady's eyes slightly rolled before she walked away to a different rack of clothes. A bit of me was pissed by the lack of respect I was receiving and it was absolutely annoying.

"How about this dress?"

"That looks decent enough"

Finally agreeing to a nude padded low-cut bust design skirt set which I finished with a pair of nude Christian Louboutin Pigalle Spikes heels.

Lawrence graciously straightened my jet black hair, as well as keeping my make up for tonight light.

Chanel's dinner event was for another hour, which left a lot of time to kill. My phone and Lawrence's daily gossip entertained me for the moment.

Soon my phone rang in my hands, looking at the screen.

"Hey love" I beamed.

"Adrienne. Hey baby"

None other than the voice of one of my very close friends Azeena. For some months now she had been in South Africa on a full ride scholarship.

"I miss you so much Zee"

"Adrienne which are you telling. Guess what?"

"What?"

"I'll be back in the country tomorrow!"

"Are you serious? Oh my gosh you need to come to LA"

"Of course I will babe. I miss all of you girls, especially Kirsten"

"Zizi everyone misses you like crazy", my lips formed into a pout. "I'm even about to attend Chanel's dinner event"

"What is she celebrating now?"

"Nothing. You know Chanel is always going overly extravagant"

"Speaking of extravagant. You are making headlines everywhere. Each time I turn on the television, my best friend is up there"

"That's how this month has made me extremely occupied"

"Get that money babe"

Immediately I began to laugh from her thick New York accent. "Zizi I can not wait until you arrive. You are getting the total treatment"

"Just like old times but I'll holla' at you lata' doll, because these people do not know the meaning of hospitality"

"Ciao best friend"

"Ttyl babes!"

I heard the dial tone eventually, letting me to assume she had already hung up. Honestly I could not believe Zizi would be arriving in town exactly tomorrow. My excitement to see my best friend was growing.

*

The event started roughly an hour later than planned, due to Chanel's late appearance. She did however manage to make a scene once see arrived causing 'ooh's from individuals mouths.

I of course politely walked the creme colored carpet, posing before each photographer that was in attendance. It was normal for the media to be at events such as this, especially considering the amount of celebrity faces in the building.

"I would like to thank each individual for being in attendance tonight"

Removing the glass from my lips, allowing the wine to roam around the inside of my mouth. I looked ahead watching Chanel gracefully give her speech.

"It truly means a lot once again", she ended receiving some help away from the podium.

Truthfully the whole place looked amazing. The way the round tables were set up everywhere. Including the exclusive wine placed on each table, the lighting, and service as well. Chanel really outdid herself, and it was impressive not much surprising.

"Celebrities sure have expensive taste in alcohol" Kirsten slurred lightly.

"I really don't understand why you chose to drink so many glasses"

Kirsten knew she could be a bit wild when she became drunk. Alcohol was like one of her guilty pleasures.

"Adrienne don't worry I won't make a fool of myself"

"Hey loves"

Eníko and Juñe strutted their ways towards the table, taking a seat greeting with smiles. My brow raised at them, trying to understand why they showed up thirty minutes late.

"Why the hell are you two late?" Kirsten questioned.

"I just arrived from New York this morning" Juñe answered.

"Neeki?"

"It took me a while to get dressed. Hope we didn't miss much"

"Not really except for Chanel's speech", picking up my wine glass and placing it above my lips for a sip.

The rest of the night was so smooth. Everything went really well from the marvelous meals, the music played, and the good vibes. It was a great time being around my cousins, friends, and the other guests in attendance.

"We have to take a few more pictures" I smiled, handing my phone back over to Lawrence.

The event had just ended, but since all of the girls looked extremely fabulous tonight we couldn't help but blow each other's photo gallery up and uploading a few on Instagram.

"Adrienne we have taken enough" Juñe dragged her feet.

"I never got one in front of this" My eyes pointed to the beautiful running fountain. The moon was already out and the view was so stunning to me.

"Fine" Chanel rolled her eyes.

"Yay", clapping my hands together.

We held a few more poses and smiles allowing Lawrence to snap away. I myself even had a few single shots that I eventually decided to post on Instagram captioning 'Loved tonight ❤️'.

"I had so much fun with you ladies but I have to get back to my family" Juñe hugged us all, placing kisses on cheeks as well.

"Drive safe love!" I called out, watching her walk towards her all black 2016 Bentley Continental GT Speed Convertible.

"I will"

Once she drove off, Neeki was second to depart. My feet were beginning to pain a bit in these heels, which left my cue to leave as well. Not to mention the people that were beginning to take pictures on their phones low key had me annoyed.

"It's time to get out of here. Let's go Kirsten"

Ron helped me to the passenger door of the Range Rover, while Kirsten made her way to the driver's side. The brightness of my phone beamed off my face, once she started the engine of the car and drove towards the direction of Beverly Hills.

"My feet hurt so badly"

Wasting no time to remove the nude Louboutin heels, allowing my recent french pedicure toes to receive some air.

"What time is Zizi coming?"

"I don't know, but I'll text her in the morning to ask"

"I'm so happy my African queen is going to be back in the country"

"Exactly", turning up the radio volume also doing a small dance in my seat.

I knew for a fact tomorrow is going to be so much fun once Zizi lands. She was the life of the party always, and knew how to keep things live. In my mind, I was already planning all of tomorrow's adventures.