Chapter 59

Adrienne

I relaxed a bit in my dressing with my styling crew, plus Lawrence and Maya. We were the big apple for a few days for a photo shoot and some production time. The photo shoot wasn't really something I was concerned about but I absolutely hated movie production and was just ready to get it over with.

My main concern was to get these few days over with and make it to London for Glastonbury. I was really looking forward to just being on that stage with many of big name artists such as Kanye, Stromae, and more.

"Apparently this is a grunge type of shoot. So the look for you is darker"

I nodded my head, before Lawrence got to work and watched the movements of others around the building. It honestly didn't take him no more than thirty minutes to finish up my scalp and just when we placed the flat iron down, I fell in love.

My entire team was doing there absolute best to make sure that I looked glamorous from head to toe. They were literally on their feet during the whole shoot and attending to my every need.

We spent another two hours at the shoot and by twelve midnight, I was arriving back at the Trump hotel. A little chaos with the paparazzi caused some public disturbance but with security crew, I wasn't as much bothered. The first thing I did entering my suite was to remove my heels that were causing tremendous pain. If only Kyrie was here to massage them.

I enjoyed a soothing hot shower and crawled in bed with my phone. It was already after one a.m. and for some odd reason I couldn't fall asleep and my mind wasn't focused on watching any TV. It did just occur to me that I hadn't checked any of my messages and there was no doubt that my notifications were loaded.

KyrieAndrew: Hope your shoot went well. Got some good news so call me when you can

I smirked and wasted no time clicking over to call him. He had sent it three hours ago, but I had hope of him answering. It had rung for a while but his voicemail came through and that reminded me that we were on different time zones and he was most likely asleep.

A sigh left my mouth and just when I wanted to place my phone down, it began to ring informing me of a face time call. It was just the person I wanted to talk to and knew would make my night.

"Hey, you were sleep?" I answered, staring at the screen.

A shirtless Kyrie sat before me, staring back. "Nah, I was just in the other room. What's going on?"

"Hmm, nothing much really" I slouched down a bit against the pillow. "Just bored in the hotel and not really ready to fall asleep"

"How was the photo shoot?"

"It was actually really good and they did an amazing job. I can't wait to show you the proofs, but I heard you had some good news?"

"Yeah, I got this partnership with PSD underwear and some new color ways coming out for the Kyrie 1's" he beamed, showing a smile.

"Oh baby that is amazing" I exclaimed. "I'm so proud of you"

He flashed a huge smile, "Thank you Adge"

I honestly was happy and proud for Kyrie with the accomplishments he had. He talks about dreams like this all the time and I know how excited he is to see all his hard work truly pay off.

"Seriously kid, I'm really happy for you and you deserve it all"

"Thanks Adge and it still seems like a dream" he shook his head in disbelief. "I never thought I would have my own signature shoe and then be where I'm at in life"

"Trust me I've had that same thought, like who would have thought little Adrienne from Durham North Carolina would be a multi superstar"

The smile he held never left his face and it felt good to see him so excited, and that made me happy overall. You can say the whole time on face time, Kyrie and I talked about every and anything. It's always good to have someone else that you can confide in, other than your female friends and just get a male's perspective on things.

***

I woke up to the sun beaming down on my face. With irritation, I smoothly sat up on my elbows and yawned gently. Though I was very exhausted, I knew there was no time for me to lounge around because I needed to board a flight back to Los Angeles and get ready for Glastonbury.

Landing in LA, I had no time to myself. Literally I was running around handling all type of business and making sure everything was set and in place. There was no time for sleep these past few days and I even started a 30 day juice cleanse, which is probably the healthiest thing for me right now.

Early Friday afternoon we got in London, and straight from the hotel we went over to sound check. That went well except for the little fall out I had with one of the backup vocalist, but everything else had gone smooth.

Saturday morning, I was up and ready for rehearsals and fitting. Morning rehearsals had started around eight-thirty and ended around ten, so after that I pretty much had the rest of the day to myself and enjoyed the festival. Kyrie and I had been texting pretty much throughout the whole day and it seemed like his rehab progression was getting better.

The last performance of the night was Stromae, and I absolutely fell in love with him and his music. He was probably one of my favorite French singers and he was beyond talented. By midnight club Boujis was packed to full effect. V.I.P was filled with nothing but celebrities and the music was just right. Bottles were being passed around from left to right and clouds of smoke were seen from different corners.

"Are the clubs in Europe always this livid?" I nearly yelled into Kanye's ear.

He raised his head back up, with a small smile. "This ain't nothing compared to the clubs in Cannes"

I chuckled lowly, and brought my glass back to lips.

*

By eight am I was up and on my way to the set. All part of me was totally exhausted and made me regret going out last night because I pretty much only had four hours of sleep.

"So for tonight's schedule, it's just you and Kanye on the stage" Jessica read off of her phone.

I nodded my head gently, as Lawrence was working on my hair and stylist were getting me dolled up for tonight.

I wasn't nervous but instead calmer because performing in front of large audiences was never a problem for me. Tonight was the night for me to kill it and show out. Hours were passing by, and I went through a quick run through of the songs I would be performing and was already in my outfit. Kyrie called to wish me luck and his voice had put me at ease.

"Three minutes Adrienne"

My team and I said a small prayer, thanking God for this opportunity and asking all things go well tonight.

"One minute"

I took a deep breath, smiling as I could hear my name being shouted throughout the huge arena. The bright lights nearly blinded me but once I heard that beat drop, I knew the moment was mine.