Chapter 30

Adrienne

A week later

This morning I had a early flight to New York for a radio interview. Overly exhausted could define how I was feeling right about this moment. With the amount of coffee I happened to be drinking seem to be doing nothing at all.

"How pretty is Adrienne Taylor?" 

"She is perfection"

Was all I heard once I entered the room with a huge smile, "Hi guys"

"Hi Adrienne Taylor"Ryan Seacrest smirked. 

"Hey baby" Kellie chimed in.

My smile widened shaking both of their hands from across the table, and even placing on the headphones over my ears.

"Wow you look so good. I mean it's like a goddess just walked in"

His compliment caught me completely off guard. "You guys are so sweet"

"She's smoking! How are you though?"

"I'm doing well" 

"You're better than well. It's shown all over you" he pointed to a corner in the wall. "I got you some balloons over there"

I looked back to see at least twelve colorful balloons. "Oh my gosh. You are so amazing" 

"Yeah it's a little welcome gift we put together for you"

"Thank you guys"

"Okay so let's discuss a few projects you have coming this year. A couple of movies and your album even releases"

"Yes! I'm so excited. Last year I desperately worked my ass off so I'm just so happy"

"First thing is you're only twenty- three years old but you've happened to make such a huge name for yourself. How is that so?"

"Um" I bit the bottom of my lip, "I'm just really focused and when I put my mind to something, then that's what my focus will be on"

"At such a young age you've created a great legacy"

"I push myself a lot. Their could be days when I'm out of it but then I remember in the back of my head that I'm not just doing this for myself, but for my family as well"

My family was one of my biggest motivations. Everything I do is all for them because they are my favorite supporters and the one's who keep me focused. It's even more harder for myself being an African American female, so I strive so hard just to be better each day.

"Okay Adrienne I have to ask"

I gave my full attention towards to Kelli, who was tapping her pen down also clearing her throat.

"Last time you sat down with us you said you were single and not really looking for a relationship" she paused.

I knew exactly where she was heading with her question. It wouldn't even be a surprise to me if Kyrie was to come up in this conversation.

"Lately it's been pictures seen of you and NBA point guard Kyrie Irving, and also a couple that you have posted onto your own Instagram page"

"Yeah what's up with you two?"

The most possible mature way to answer this question roamed around my head. 

"I think picture's speak for themselves" My lips formed into a smirk. "Isn't really much to explain"

"So that means Adrienne Taylor isn't single?"

"I don't think I would go around just  kissing anyone" 

"If I may ask, how exactly did you two meet?" 

"Well actually we both had worked on a project together and I guess we just connected. Then we happened to have a lot of stuff in common, for example, he attended Duke University which is in Durham and I happen to be from Durham and my parents both attended Duke"

"I think a lot of people weren't expecting you to be in a relationship" 

"Well everyone is gonna have an opinion but I'm not worried about it really"

I spoke a little more with Ryan and Kelli before eventually taking my leave. It was a good time with them quite honestly and it was always nice being in the big apple but I was ready to go back to California.

**

Arriving in Beverly Hills just twenty minutes ago, my mind was so concerned on going home straight from the airport. 

A long shower and a smooth nap was well needed right now after a restless flight.

"It's so good to be back home"

Removing my MCM Stark studded backpack, walking further into my home in the direction of the living room. A huge box laid out on the soft white carpet caught my eye. 

I wasn't expecting a package of any sort. Observing the package some more, before contemplating on opening it, I realized the sender was from Ohio. 

"Kyrie" I mumbled, gently opening the box. Unraveling the amount of bubble wrap from it, there were two black Jordan boxes, and a black Nike box placed inside. Bringing all three boxes out, and carefully opening them all to be greeted with a pair of "Infrared 23" 6's, "Volt" Nike Air Foamposite Pro and the "Flytrap" Kyrie 1's all in size 3.

"I have the best boyfriend ever", was all that could be heard from my mouth just as I stared at all three pairs of sneakers. 

With just one month of dating Kyrie was spoiling me a little too much. It was very appreciating, but I also didn't want him spending his money on him. 

A feeling of vibration came from the pocket of my PINK sweatpants, causing me to realize my phone was ringing. Reaching my hands inside and pulling the gold Apple device, Ky's face appeared on the screen.

"Baby you are so sweet for the shoes" 

"You like them?"

"Kyrie I love them. But how did you know my shoe size?"

"I took a guess cause your feet are pretty small" 

"Ky you don't have to buy me stuff, even though it was sweet of you"

"Adrienne I know but I wanted to" 

"Okay Ky. I'll let it slide this time"

He gently chuckled. "How was your flight back to California?"

"I slept through most of it. It was way too long"

"You think you'll be free during All Star weekend?" he asked.

"Isn't that next month?"

For a fact I heard him smack his lips."Adrienne I know that. I'm telling you ahead of time knowing how busy you stay"

Just the next few weeks my free time would be decline, due to the amount of upcoming events that would be heading my way.

The month of February was just around the corner and that included Grammy week as well as the Academy awards.

"Why would I want to miss you play?" I questioned. "Certainly I'll be there"

"Hope so"

I couldn't help but roll my eyes at his tone, which was filled of uncertainty.

"Listen Ky I just got in, so this call can continue once I get myself situated" 

"Alright A"

"Ciao kiddo"