Chapter 56

Adrienne

Tuesday morning everyone was up early. For various reasons which included, Josh going to the airport since he was flying out to Miami to meet Kyrie and myself going to visit the Durham children's hospital. I always thought it was good to help out those that were less fortunate and give back when you can.

Around ten in the morning we made it to the hospital and after going through check in, my team and I pretty much went room to room handing out toys, coloring books, taking pictures. It was really nice to see the smiles on their faces and it showed how grateful they were at for the littlest things.

One family however stood out the most to me. They had a daughter that was only six years old battling brain cancer and it hit home to me because my brother died from the same type of cancer, in this same exact hospital. It was sad to see a little girl that young having to go through that and it made me a bit emotional.

I probably spent an hour talking to the small girl; whose name I learned was Jessie. She had such a warm spirit and we both enjoyed each other's company.

After the trip at the hospital, the girls and I were in the mood for a good meal since we all pretty much skipped breakfast. IHOP was just around the corner and after informing Ron that was where we planned on eating, he parked up in front.

Getting out the SUV caused a bit of a scene with some people, because cameras came from every direction and so did people screaming out my name. It was so chaotic the restaurant manager suggested telling people to leave so I could enjoy my meal in peace, but I thought that was ridiculous and assured him that I was totally fine eating among people. He wasn't very please about it but I was very adamant and later we were placed in a booth quickly.

"That little girl at the hospital brought a tear to my eye" Maya smiled, locking her fingers together.

I scanned my menu, and brought it down. "I was about to cry, but I had to hold it together"

"It's so sad for children to have to go through that" Zizi uttered.

"It's beyond sad man"

I sighed and saw as my phone lit up on the table, showing a preview of an Instagram notification. My plan was to ignore it and just enjoy my meal, even after multiple notifications kept coming up.

"Oooh look at Kyrie being cute on Instagram this afternoon" Zizi smirked, looking down at her phone. "Look at this", she held her phone across the table for me to see. A small smile grew to my face as I seen a cute picture of the two of us from the night of his birthday captioned, 'taking in all the beauty and thinking of how lucky I am'.

Immediately I grabbed my phone, unlocking it and opening over my insta app to like it. After double tapping the picture and getting ready to close the app, a comment caught my attention.

callierivers: she's so beautiful 😍 but I don't understand how you pulled her 😂

callierivers: jk best, you're cute too

I bit the inside of my jaw and wondered to myself why she this Callie girl was everywhere. I knew I wasn't the only one who peeped it because Maya and Zizi gave me a look of annoyance.

"I'm bout to find out who this hoe is" Maya finger's moved like lightening across her screen. "Let me get on twitter real quick"

"Me too"

I picked my fork up and began cutting into my pancakes. I never was a huge fan on lurking because whenever you do; you end up finding something you don't want to see. So while my cousin and best friend buried their faces into their phones, I was burying my face into this meal.