Chapter 11

Adrienne

"Something is wrong with the song" I complained, taking the headphones off my head and walking out the studio booth.

It's now been two weeks since my return from North Carolina and it honestly seemed like December was moving so quickly.

"What'chu mean?" Donald asked, playing around at the mixing station.

"Like it just seems off to me" I sat down in the next available chair.

"Go through it again" he suggested, looking over at me.

Clearing my throat a bit and began singing. "It's like I never ever got the chance, to express to you how I feel". Stopping, and rolling my eyes a bit. "You see it's not right on that part' 

He chuckled. "You gotta let it flow easily, don't rush it. Pick it up from the next part"

I nodded my head. "Until I ended up lost and alone. You played with me like a tool. Now I'm left with all these wounds, since I'm broken without you". 

"That was better" he smiled, nodding his head.

"Yeah, it was" I clapped my hands together. "Gosh, we need to get this album done"

"Hell yeah" he laughed, grabbing a bottle of water. "But I already have my verse for that other song down for you"

"You do?" 

"Yup, spent almost a whole day writing it"

"Thank you Gambino" I gave him a light hug, and a kiss on the cheek.

"No problem A" he chuckled.

*

I drew a long sigh, as I sat back in my chair. Honestly there was absolutely no need for me to be at this meeting. Liam was the main one asking questions, and this also wasn't my department to handle.

"We have so much planned for Adrienne in the upcoming year"

Rolling my eyes slightly, and playing Candy Crush on my phone to kill time and save me from the state of boredom I was held in.

After spending two hours of that tremendously miserable meeting. I was on my way to go meet up with my Realtor. I've been looking for a new home now in Los Angeles for about three months, mainly because my recent home was just not comfortable for me anymore.

"This place is really huge" Liam eyes grew wide.

"Yeah it is"

"You sure, you wanna purchase a house this large when it's just you?"

Nodding my head. "This place is amazing. Of course I'm sure"

All he did was shrug his shoulders, before walking away to talk to the Realtor. Biting the inside of my cheek and unlocking my phone, I decided to call Kyrie.

He didn't answer and I didn't bother calling again. I remember him saying they had a game tonight, so most likely he was busy. It seemed like we talked to each other every single day now, and it was weird because everytime we would talk I found myself acting like a little girl. 

I wasn't sure how to explain it, but I was hoping it was just a slight situation. 

Kyrie

"Kyrie, walk me through that last play where Lebron gave you the left side" Dave asked me. We had just won against the Nets, 87 to 90. It wasn't our best game but it was something at least.

"Uhh, it was just a set up play from coach" I started to say "Did a great job at calling the play and I mean, I just give all the credit to my teammates tonight. Got me in rhythm throughout the whole entire game, and we came out with this win"

He nodded his head, and placed the microphone back under him "What kind of victory is this one, when you don't play your best as a team, and maybe you don't bring that defensive intensity from the jump"

"I mean, the only thing that matters is that we got the w. Obviously they're things to learn, things we got to correct, that we'll watch in film tomorrow morning. We gotta get ready for a game against the top team in the east and that's the Toronto Raptors, but we came here and handled business, it may not been the perfect game but we got it done" I spoke, wiping sweat of my forehead with the small towel.

"What do you think is your teams identity right now at this point of the season?" he asked, bringing back the mic to my level.

I smirked "We're still figuring it out and I think that's the greatest thing we have going right now, I think it's the energy we have. Trusting each other, learning to trust each other, learning how to be great teammates and win games like this" 

"Kyrie, thanks congratulations" 

"Thanks Dave" I nodded my head, walking off and into the locker room to meet up with the rest of the team. 

I really don't care how close the score was. We won tonight and that's all that matters.