Chapter 58

Adrienne

Aruba was fun. Everything about the place intrigued me and the girls. Starting from the festivities, food, activities, and the people were all something special. Just having the time off from anything work related and being around my girls, put my whole mind at ease.

"Is it me or have you lost weight in your waist?" Maya's eyes roamed my body up and down. "You always had a nice body but Adrienne you look really good"

A small smile formed my lips, while I tied the strings of my bikini bottom. "Thank you babe"

I have always been consistent on working out, but now I was really beginning to take care of my body and started removing certain meals out of my diet. I'm actually impressed with my results and loving my spectacular figure as well.

"It's probably from all that detox water you've been drinking" Zizi sat back comfortably on the lounge chair. "I never understood why you drank it so much"

"Well it actually flushes out all the toxins from your body and it removes body fat"

"But you aren't fat so what's the purpose of drinking it?"

"Just because I'm not big, doesn't mean I can't take care of my shape" I threw my hair into a ponytail. "Especially considering the fact that im always in the public"

"That's true" Maya nodded, sipping some juice.

As usual all the adventurous fun had lasted but so long and the flight back to California seemed to come by quicker than expected. That Thursday we arrived had allowed me to unpack and get myself together, but as Friday came I found myself sitting around my management crew discussing everything concerning my career.

"So I actually had an idea for your upcoming album" Liam glanced around the room, gaining for other's attention.

My tongue ran over my bottom lip, as he cleared his throat. "Speak"

"Well I was thinking about you collaborating with the Weeknd" he stared at his laptop intensely. "Both of your voices on a track together would be amazing"

"I absolutely agree with him" Mia, one of our recording producers nodded her head. "I would love to see you and the Weeknd doing something together and I definitely think you should consider it"

"Really?", I titled my head to the side and reached for my gold iPhone. "I never really looked at it like that because I always assumed our voices wouldn't clash"

"You two should really get in the studio together"

I bit my bottom lip, unlocking my phone to search through my contacts. Once I found the name I was looking for, my fingers quickly began typing:

Me: So I'm hearing we should collab together. You down?

The ringer went off and a message alert came through the screen.

Abel: I'm always down to work with someone as talented as you. Just tell me when and where J

"Okay so he's down and what else do we need to get done?" I asked, placing my phone aside. "What else is on the schedule?"

"Well you know about performing at Glastonbury and hopefully when you get back to the states you can start working on preparing for your movie role" Liam read intensely off his laptop. "Ending July and August is probably going to be the busiest you've ever been. Not to mention the VMA's"

I groaned biting the inside of my cheek. "I'm really excited for August because I know exactly how my schedule is going to look and I just love being on stage and recording"