Chapter 15

Adrienne

Their was exactly two days before Christmas, and most of the time I was overseas doing shows, interviews, and press conference. 

The last show for the moment was in Switzerland, and I was praying I could make it back home for the holidays. It was amazing touring, and performing in sold out concerts but sometimes I missed my family. 

"How is everyone doing tonight" I said into the microphone. The crowd cheered with excitement. "Are ya'll ready to have fun?"

More screams were being heard. I laughed. "Let's go"

After giving about nine songs, I was making my way backstage for meet and greets. 

"Wonderful show Adrienne" Liam complimented, handing me a bottle of water. I thanked him as the bodygaurds led me through to an area filled with fans waiting for autographs.

Two hours passed and I was through with the meet and greets. Each fan that walked through brought a smile to my face, they were absolutely amazing people out here. 

*

"Is their anything you would like Miss. Taylor?"

I politely shook my head, looking up at the flight attendant who stood in front of me. "I'm fine, thank you"

She smiled, before going about her business.

I remembered I hadn't checked my phone since I boarded the plane, and it was a strong feeling my notifications were extremely blown by now. As I unlocked it, the first thing that came up were emails which I ignored, missed calls, and about four text messages. 

Most missed calls were from my team, my sister, and random family members. I promised myself to call them back once I land in California. As for the messages, they had shown.

Chanel: I hope you're doing okay. Love you

Ky🏀: Morning 

Neeki: Have a wonderful day filled with blessing.

I smiled, and responded to all of them before placing my phone down. My eyes were becoming heavier by the minute, so I knew sleep was calling my name. Adjusting myself in the private jet and wrapping the blanket over myself as I drifted off.

***

"Have a wonderful Christmas" I hugged the young girl, who brought tears to my eyes.

When I landed in LA, I had about four hours of individual time before I chose to go to a Research hospital and donate toys to small children for the holidays. Christmas was tomorrow, so I thought it would be best to just show appreciation. 

We went from room to room, meeting families and handing out presents. It was a very emotional situation, but it was something very important to me. I also decided to donate at least one million dollars to the hospital, just to show my gratitude and respect. 

"It was such an honor meeting you. Thank you for coming" one nurse smiled at me. 

"It's no problem" I gave her a small hug. "I enjoyed myself so much and I have no problem coming back to visit again"

"We are truly grateful for the huge donation you gave this afternoon"

"Thank you for allowing me to visit. It meant a lot" 

I honestly meant it by when I said I enjoyed myself. Meeting so many wonderful children, battling tough diseases and managing to stay strong is incredible. It really touched my heart and I loved being apart of this. 

The day of Christmas had arrived and my phone was going off the chain. My work in California wasn't done on time, and I was a bit bummed because my original plan was making it in Durham, North Carolina this morning. 

"Merry Christmas" I sang into the phone. 

"Thank you Adrienne. Merry Christmas to you also" Chanel's low voice spoke. 

"Are you okay?" 

She coughed. "Yeah I am. Just picked up a cold"

"Ah, get well soon love"

"Thank you. So are you still coming to North Carolina? Almost everyone is here"

I sighed. "I would have been there this morning, but I had so much to do. I'm boarding the plane now"

"Hopefully you make it. Can't have another Christmas without you" she laughed.

"I hope I do too"

"Chanel, when I land I'll call you okay?"

"That's alright, bye A"

"Bye Nel. Merry Christmas once again"

"Same to you" she said, and the phone call ended. 

I placed my phone into my Barneys New York Rabbit Fur Chubby jacket, and also applying light lip gloss onto my lips.

The flight from Los Angeles to Durham was about five hours nonstop, and right now it was eight in the morning California time so by the time I arrive it would be around two in the afternoon, which I didn't think was too bad.