Chapter 41

Adrienne

This morning I opened my eyes to one of the greatest surprises ever. The Queen in my life, my mother was in town and I couldn't have been any happier. Last time I actually got to see my mother was during Christmas time, so it meant a lot that she came all the way from North Carolina to visit me.

"At least I know that you are not overworking yourself as before"

We sat outside upon the balcony, enjoying a wonderful brunch prepared by my chef Louis.

I bit into a strawberry, chewing a bit "Mom, you know I always try to add a little free time into my life"

She nodded her head, sipping from her Mimosa glass. "I'm glad to hear that but I would also like to hear a little bit about this Kyrie that I have never met before"

I licked my top lip, "Mom he is really sweet, like he is too perfect. You have to meet him one day"

"Well he seems like a sweet guy based off the things you've told me on the phone, and I'm sure I would love to meet him"

"You know me, like before I was never the type to be in relationships but being with him makes me ask myself if this is how it feels to have a boyfriend, then why I did I never want one before? I haven't been this happy about someone in a while"

"It's shown in your face and tone of voice that he makes you happy. And anyone who can make my daughter happy, is automatically approved by me"

"Thank you" I smiled, picking up my glass.

"I do want to know how this whole long distance relationship works, because I know that can be hard with both of you having demanding careers that cause you to travel a lot"

"Communication mom, I mean yeah we don't always see each other or always around each other but our communication is frequent. We speak to each other like almost every single day, I just got a call from him this morning"

When you are in a relationship with someone just like yourself that has a career that keeps you busy, I think the only way that relationship will succeed is through good communication and trust. Though you may not be with that person physically all the time, if you both try to make the relationship work with good communication then you don't really have any problems.

"And with him being an athlete and with you being who you are, there isn't any jealousy or doubts with that?"

"Not really. Kyrie has never given me a reason not to trust him at all, and he knows I'm not gonna' go out and cheat on him so we're good in that area" I said, placing a blueberry into my mouth.

"That's really good. With this new generation most couples are not lasting due to not trusting their significant other"

With the months that I and Kyrie have been together it has been times where the media has really tried to ruin our relationship. There could be a picture of me and a male friend hugging or hanging out, and they can switch the story and say that I'm having an affair which is completely false.

"That's true"

"So how is Aubrey?" she asked, referring to Drake.

That's a really good question. How is Aubrey?

I shrugged my shoulders, playing with the orange slice that was placed on top of my wine glass. "I really don't know. It's been a while since we've spoken to each other but I'm sure he's doing well"

"He is such a nice young man"

The patio door soon opened and out walked Zizi with a huge smile upon her face. Azeena always knew the right times to come during an awkward conversation because I honestly didn't want to keep going about Drake.

"Hey mommy" she walked over to my mother, giving her a hug.

"Hello Azeena. You look lovely as ever"

"I'm trying to be like you mom" she kissed her cheek.

"Really? How wonderful, but sit down and enjoy breakfast with us"

"Mom, there was no point of telling her that because she was going to sit and eat anyways" I laughed.

"You got that right Dri" Zi removed her sunglasses, and began pouring herself a glass of mimosa. "Pass the fruits please"

"So how was south Africa?" my mother asked.

"It was fine. I just recently came back two months ago"

"Oh really that's nice. I was with your mother the other day actually. We were with each other at the nail salon together"

"Oh yeah she told me" Zizi nodded her head, biting into a chocolate éclair.

After breakfast I decided to spoil my mother around the city and treat her to anything she wanted. Since I don't always see my mother, I try to make the best of the time we do get to spend together.

"Why is it that whenever I get to visit you, I never get to see you drive? You always have a driver", my mother asked as we entered the back seat of the black SUV.

I shrugged my shoulders, chuckling. "I really don't know. I guess I prefer being driven around"

"Then why do you have at least five cars parked in your garage? You don't even drive them"

"I guess they're just there for fun" I placed my Gucci 56mm Cat Eye sunglasses above my eyes.

Our afternoon was smoothly productive, despite a little interference from paparazzi and their consistent stalking; we managed to have a really good day.

Officialadrienne: My mother is my 🌍

Tuesday evening my mom was now on a plane back to North Carolina and I was highly upset. A couple more days with her would have been amazing but she did have a boutique back home to take care of.

The next morning I had to travel out to New York for a photo shoot, and with the success of that I was back in California by Thursday evening sitting courtside with Zi watching the Lakers host the Pistons.

"Look who's here"

Zizi pointed to the other side of the court. I looked up from my phone to see Aubrey sitting exactly opposite from us, and making eye contact.

"Oh" I mumbled, going back to my phone.

"I think he's even walking over here"

"Wassup Adrienne"

I looked up as my eyes came in contact with Aubrey's face. He looked the same, not much has changed of him except the fact he had small curls growing on the top of his head.

"Aubrey, hey" I spoke, watching him seat in the available chair next to me.

"I would ask what'chu been up to, but I always see you on TV so it's obvious you've been busy" he chuckled, bringing his cup to his lips.

"Yeah, something like that. I've been keeping myself busy these past couple of months with shows, movies, and what not"

"You still look beautiful as always, so I guess that's all that matters"

Azeena cleared her throat, while I just chuckled lightly. "Thank you, you look just as nice"

"So what team you rooting for?"

I placed the straw of my drink to my lips, taking a sip. "I don't have a team tonight. Just watching"

Aubrey nodded his head, "Ain't your boy Kyrie playing tonight?"

"No, they have a game tomorrow"

I wasn't really expecting Drake to bring up Kyrie's name but from the look of his face, it was obvious he wasn't a Kyrie Irving fan and it didn't surprise me at all.