Chapter 6

Adrienne

Two Weeks Later 

“Miss. Taylor would you still like me to cancel the flight to Milan?” Kyle asked me as we stepped off the private jet. I bit the inside of my jaw “Yes please”

I had just landed in Cleveland; after a long week in Europe performing, and doing press conferences. Liam decided to give me a little free time, before getting back to work. Once I told Kyrie I could make the game, he seemed really happy about it. 

“Also I would like to go straight to the hotel please” I informed him, as we walked towards the black SUV’s. I tugged my mink coat tightly around my bottom, as the chill Cleveland weather hit my skin.

Kyle nodded his head, and held the door open for me. I got into the backseat and relaxed back as the driver drove off.

*

Opening the suite of my hotel, I was greeted to a huge surprise. At least over a dozen flowers were placed everywhere around the room.

“What the heck?” my cousin Chanel asked, walking in behind me.

“I’m just as confused” I said, trying to see if there was a card laid around somewhere, but I couldn’t even find one single hint.

“Maybe they came from a fan” Chanel suggested. I doubted that, there could be no way a fan would know which hotel room I was staying in, but yet again you could never be so sure.

"I'm gonna go ask Ron if he knows" she said, before walking out of the suite. I observed the roses some more as my phone began to ring in my hand; I slid the answer button and placed it to my ear. “Hello”

“Hey, you in Cleveland yet?”

“Yeah Kyrie, I just got to my hotel. What are you doing?” I asked.

“On my way to the arena” he replied. 

“Oh alright, well I'll be seeing you in a few hours then”

“Yeah, hopefully you'll be rooting for us”

“I'm not so sure. You know I am from North Carolina and you are playing against Charlotte” I chucked lightly.

He laughed deeply. "Wow, that's foul"

"What? I wouldn't want to betray my state" 

"Yeah, whatever but after the game we should like hangout" 

Running my fingers through my hair. "Uh, that's cool. After Charlotte wins"

The line was silent for a second, before he started laughing. "Good one", he said all sarcastically. 

"We'll find out tonight, so I'm gonna hang up because I need to get ready so"

"Alright Adrienne, see ya tonight"

“Ciao” I ended the call, and placed my phone down. My eyes landed back on the mystery roses that I had completly forgot about. Maybe they were from Aubrey. 

**

 "Let's go Hornets" I yelled, clapping my hands together. 

"Please win this game Charlotte" Chanel crossed her fingers together. 

"What?" I questioned, looking at her.

This game had both of us on edge, because the Cavaliers were on fire tonight leading with twelve points. In all honesty I was praying the Hornets would at least catch up. Kyrie may have invited me but Charlotte was my team and being from North Carolina, there was no way I wouldn't cheer for them.

"Are you serious right now" Chanel said irritatedly and I noticed Kyrie was at the free throw line. He was allowed two shots, which he so happened to make

"Wow" I said to myself.

The game soon came to half time and all players walked off the court. Chanel and I talked for a while before a couple people came up to us asking for autographs and pictures. As the game resumed, third quarter seemed to go by really fast because in no time we we're already in fourth. 

The Hornets were playing very good, and they had soon caught up making a two point game so far. I was beginning to feel a bit nervous, because their were only three minutes left in the game and I didn't want Charlotte to lose. 

LeBron had the ball which he handed to Kyrie, who would eventually make a three point. The crowd was roaring.

"I want Kyrie Irving out the damn game" Chanel mumbled, throwing her hands up. 

"Why?" I chuckled. 

"He keeps scoring all the points! Him and LeBron both" 

I began laughing. "Calm down Nel"

"No, I don't want Hornets to lose"

I looked up at the clock, with only a few seconds left and the Cavaliers up by twelve. It would be a shock if the Hornets were to catch up and win this game.

"5,4,3,2,1" the crowd yelled, as the game went final with the result 120 to 111. I stood up clapping my hands together, Chanel rolled her eyes and mumbled a few things under her breath. I just shook my head and pulled my phone out.

Even though we lost sadly, Charlottes still played their best and were amazing in my book. The Cavaliers also did a nice job,  but they were just lucky tonight