Chapter 54

Adrienne

"Turn up! It's Zizi's birthday!"

Maya jumped around my room, holding her phone out. Ever since the two of us woke up this morning we have been dancing around nonstop. It was a special day and that was because it's my favorite bestie's birthday. I only got two hours of sleep because I wanted to be one of the first people to wish her happy birthday.

My long essay paragraph ended up becoming a phone call of tears and laughs. It didn't end there because I wished her a happy birthday also on Twitter and right now I was making a collage of photos that Zizi and I have taken throughout our friendship. Looking at most of these pictures just show how long our friendship has come and how strong it has grown.

After adding together over fifty pictures of memories, I opened up my Instagram account to share it. The caption part was the hardest because I kept trying to think of the right things to say, but finally I settled on 'Not many people know the true meaning of friendship but this chick right here has understood that meaning for twelve years. Happy Birthday to my bestie, partna' in crime, sista' from another mista', drama queen, and chocolate princess 🍫👑. Thank you for the laughs, jokes, smiles, conversations, plans, tears, memories, experiences, remaining true to yourself, and more especially our friendship. I love you so much and I am beyond happy to have someone like you in my life 😊. #bffyl #lylas #kobeyear @itszizi'.

"Adrienne look up"

I rose my head up, as Maya showed her front camera on the two of us. I smiled, "Is that a picture?"

She shook her head, "No, video"

"This Instagram or snapchat?"

"It's snap"

Nodding my head with a grin, "Happy birthday Zizi. Love you and can't wait til you land in LA"

**

Reservations were at seven evening and the time now on the clock was two in the afternoon, so I had five hours to get prepared and handle what I got to handle. Azeena's flight should be landing in the next hour, and between trying to take care of work and my best friends party was not easy.

Maya and I used some available time to pamper ourselves. This meant spa treatments, massages, are nails done, and now our hair.

"So what time do I need to be at the restaurant?" Lawrence ran a piece of my hair through the flat iron.

"Seven", I looked at him through the mirror.

He nodded his head, and continued on my hair as Keri Hilson's Knock You Down began playing on Pandora. I hummed along to Kanye's intro but took it away when Keri's verse came up.

"I never thought I'd be in love like this" I smiled, moving my index finger around. "When I look at you my mind goes on a trip"

"And you came in and knocked me on my face" Lawrence sang, holding the comb up a bit. "Feels like I'm in a race, but I already won first place"

Just when the beat dropped, I snapped my left fingers "I never thought I fall for you as hard as I did"

"You got me thinkin' bout our life, our house, and kids. Yeah"

"Every morning I look at you and smile. cause boy you came around and you knocked me down, knocked me down"

"Sometimes love comes around and it knocks you down. Just get back up when it knocks you down" we both sang in unison, hitting every note perfectly.

The whole time we sang I realized I was starting to miss Kyrie a lot now. A week and some days may not be that long to some couples, but it was long for me and I hated it. I missed him so much that it caused me to look at our pictures in my phone gallery, or even go back and re-read our text messages.