Chapter 35

Adrienne

Monday morning I was back in California and it wasn't easy kissing Ky goodbye but it was bound to happen. That Monday was my rest week but on Tuesday was nothing but work, just like Wednesday as well. Thursday evening I found myself in Atlanta for an interview, while the weekend I was back in the west coast.

Kyrie and I spoke to each other every day but time differences limited our conversations. He was up in New Jersey visiting family for a few days, while I was on the road. The following week I spent two days in San Antonio for shows while Thursday evening I was back at my home watching the game.

The Cavaliers were hosting Golden State and the score was even by second quarter. Third quarter came and I became extremely worried when Kyrie left the game due to a shoulder injury.

"I hope he's okay" Kirsten frowned.

"My poor baby"

A frown stayed on my face watching him sit out through the rest of third quarter, hoping he was okay. Kirsten and I were caught off guard when they announced Kyrie was back into the game, and I was thankful.

"Let's go Cavs"

You could see his shoulder was still bothering him but he fought through it and he didn't let it affect his game. Like I wanted the Cavaliers took the w, but I was still concerned about Kyrie and texted him to call me when he had the chance.

The whole time on the phone he kept assuring me that he was okay and confident he could play tomorrow against Indiana, but I still wanted him to get looked at by a medical trainer.

***

"What did the MRI say?"

"It's a shoulder strain and they don't want me playing tonight"

"Oh my gosh Kyrie", my voice was filled with worry.

"Adrienne it's not as serious as you think"

He started laughing but I didn't find anything funny at all. Injuries are injuries and no matter how serious or not they were; it wasn't something to joke about.

"Do you want me come down there"

"I'm alright; it's not that serious Adge"

"So you don't want me to come see you?"

"I didn't say I didn't want you to not come see me. I just don't want me to drop all your work for me"

I curled my lips, "Ky, I have people here who can handle things for me. It's fine"

"What are you gonna do? Take care of me?", his voice filled with nothing but mischief.

"Just wait until I'm there baby boy"

*

On Saturday morning I arrived in Westlake, Ohio. It was only my second time at Kyrie's house and I wasn't accustomed to everything yet, but I did happen to meet his chef who told what he liked to eat and what he didn't like.

While Kyrie laid around bummed about not being able to travel with his team, I did my best to cheer him up.

We laid on the bed, his head on my chest and lips in the crook of my neck. It already bothered him that the Cavs lost last night against Indiana and he just received word that he couldn't play tomorrow in Houston. I personally thought it was a good thing keeping him back a bit, that way he could rest up before they played again against Boston.

"What are you trying to do?"

I mugged him, seeing he was trying to get up.

"Oh I wanted to get a Gatorade from the fridge"