Chapter 13

Adrienne 

My week has been completly chaotic. I've been traveling so much, that it was leaving me so exhausted. There was shows, movie shootings, studio time, photo shoots and trying to get my new home done.

Christmas was exactly next week and by the look of things, I probably won't be able to spend the holidays again with my mother this year. 

I was back in LA, mainly because there was a lot of studio sessions that needed to be done and other work that had to be taken care of. Kyrie and I also haven't spoken a lot these days, and the main cause was because of our schedules. It sucked but it is what it is. 

Drake also has been in my ear, and since I was in town I promised him I'll come see him tonight.

Drea, Chanel and my cousin Khaelle were also in town, and its rare that we all have time to see each other so we decided on dinner in the evening. 

"It feels like I haven't seen you girls in forever" Chanel spoke first. She had just returned from a modeling tour in France. 

"I know right" Khaelle agreed with her. 

"I just hate how we all have packed schedules and don't communicate as much"

"Exactly Adrienne" 

"But what has everyone been up to?" Khaelle asked, as she picked up her fork. "Adrienne, your always on tv so I don't need to ask you"

I rolled my eyes playfully, "Well I don't know how to say this but, I'm starting to like someone" I said swiftly, looking down at the pasta laid out on my plate.

Chanel's eyebrows raised. "Repeat that"

"Yeah, cause I ain't hear it either"

"I'm starting to develop a feeling for someone

"Stop lying" Drea agreed. 

"I don't believe you either"

"What? I can't like someone now?" I questioned them. 

"It's not that. We've never heard of you liking someone" Khaelle spoke, as she chewed her garlic bread. 

"Exactly. So whoever he is has to be special" Drea laughed. 

"He is special"

"Who is he though?" Chanel asked also.

"Well I don't want to say too much, but you'll find out soon" 

"When is soon?"

"Is he a celebrity?" Khaelle asked. 

"You all will find out soon, as for now I'm not talking about him anymore" 

Chanel rolled her eyes, raising her hands up in defense. "Okay fine"

Drea shrugged her shoulders, and Khaelle just remained quiet. I honestly couldn't tell them too much because I haven't even told Kyrie that I liked him, so it was no way I would tell them "Guys I like Kyrie Irving too bad he doesn't know" 

After they left the situation alone, we discussed about a few other things and catch up with each other's lives. I always loved being around my family, they we're the ones who stood beside me and sometimes it sucks not seeing each other as much but it's never a dull time when we're all together. 

**

I gently pressed the button on the door, soon hearing it ding. Only a two minutes later the door opened, and Aubrey appeared before me.

"Wassup, glad you could make it" he stepped aside, allowing me to come inside and pulling me into a hug.

"Hey" I pulled away, as we walked through the hallways making it towards the living room. Nothing really has changed much about his home, still looks the same as before.

"So what have you been up to?" I asked, taking a seat on the couch and placing my Gucci Bree Guccissima Leather Top Handle bag on the ground.

He sat beside me. "You know same as usual studio, shows and trying to finish up this mixtape"

"Of course"

"Feel like I haven't seen you in a while, you always busy" he laughed, sitting back a bit. 

"I wouldn't say busy, just focused" 

"I mean you're always busy literally, or traveling and for someone". He reached for my hand, grabbing it a bit and caressing it. "For someone so young too"

I calmly snatched my hand away. "Aubrey" 

Drake smirked, "When will you give me the chance? I really could see us being together one day"

I raised my brows. "Really? Why?"

"Because I found something special about you"

"That's flattering, thank you"

Aubrey is a wonderful person, but he just isn't the one for me. I love working with him on music, but I'm really not interested in pursuing a relationship with him and besides I'm attracted to someone else. 

I don't know how to explain this to him, but I really have to let him know so he doesn't think I'm leading him on. "Umm this just isn't for me. Like me and you." 

Drake

Damn, I honestly wasn't trying to hear all that came out of Adrienne's mouth. Great girls like her don't always come into your life, and I honestly thought she was the one for me and the connection we had was strong and eventually bring us together. 

"Did I do something? Like why you feeling like that?" I asked, looking into her soft, brown eyes. 

"Because we have a great friendship and I know what I'm ready for and want; and this isn't it" she moved her hands around. "Like I honestly can't see myself being more than friends and it's nothing against you"

She looked directly at me. "I hope you can understand"

Feeling somewhat disappointed. "I understand though"

"You do?"

"I just want you to know that you really special Adrienne and whoever you end up with, will be lucky as hell"

She licked her lips, slightly nodding her head. "That sounded like shade, but I hope no hard feelings?" 

I chuckled lightly, "Nah it won't shade and no hard feelings"

She smiled, leaning over placing a soft kiss on my forehead. Was I a bit bummed, honestly yes I was but I kind of saw where she was coming from and if she do have someone else she feeling. 

He one lucky dude.