Chapter 22

Adrienne

Later in the morning, I honestly didn't feel like getting up from the bed. My body was dealing with a slight headache, caused from last night's events and I desperately wanted to drown myself in this bed.

It was the first day of the year and I had a huge of amount of work scheduled for today. The best part about this day was the moment I shared with Kyrie.

After spending at least two and a half hours together, he took his leave so that he could get back to his hotel this morning and later prepare for the tonight's game against the Clippers.

The vibration of my phone against my skin caused me to jump a bit. I looked down at the cellular device and a small smile crept to my face.

Mine☺️: Good Morning gorgeous. Dream't of you 

Slightly my cheeks became hot just as my fingers typed away.

Me: You better have. See you tonight 

Hopefully if I manage to get through with everything I have scheduled today on time, then I would most likely be watching my boyfriend play tonight. 

The words my boyfriend have never left my mouth before and I guess it was something I would have to get used to saying now.

*

"Is their anyway we can hurry up this photo shoot?" My voice was stern and filled with irritation.

The stylist all landed their eyes on me. I've been at this promo shoot for at least two and a half hours and the process was moving completely slow.

The photographers weren't even here yet, and my make up had been ready an hour ago.

I had more business to take care of and spending almost three hours here was completely annoying.

"Miss. Adrienne we are terribly sorry for the delay"

The photographer reached for my hand leading me towards the set.

"Next time let's be on time"

"Will do ma'am"

Once the shoot began it started moving faster. It probably was to make up for wasting my time.

"Thank you Miss. Adrienne. You are such a gorgeous female"

Smiling at his compliment. "That means so much. Thank you"

**

The game started roughly around nine evening. Court side beside me were Kirsten and my cousin June.

"Let's go Cavaliers" clapping my hands together.

"What? Did you just say Cavaliers?" Nae eyed me raising her left brow. "I think you cheering for the wrong team"

Shaking my head. "No I don't think so"

"Her boyfriend plays for the Cavs" Kirsten butted in.

It seemed like her eyes wanted to fall out of it's sockets. "You don't have a boyfriend. Who?"

"Kyrie Irving" Kirs answered.

Nae looked onto to the court as she spotted Kyrie guarding her fiance Chris Paul, who had possession of the ball.

"Kyrie. I can't believe this" she shook her in disbelief, but I just sat quiet in between the both of them. "Are you guys together? When did this happen?"

"You ask too much questions" laughter escaped my lips.

Kyrie and I just recently started dating and we weren't public with our relationship yet so I didn't see the reason to start broadcasting too much.

"I'm just shocked that you're in a relationship because you seem to curve a lot of men Adrienne"

"That's very true" Kirsten on looked the game. "I can't even count how many guys you've rejected"

"It must be something special about him"

I removed the black straw from my lips and swallowed the drink slowly. "Are we going to keep talking about my relationship or watch this game?"

"Fine our apologies"

Smiling and continuing watching ahead. The Cavs had the lead by twelve points. Their were parts of me felt bad because I usually cheered the Clippers on, but now my boyfriend was playing against them and I would hate to not cheer him and his team on.

"It's three minutes left in fourth quarter and it doesn't seem like much of a comeback for the Clippers" the commentators announced. My eyes looked up at the scoreboard which had shown 119: 83.

"And it's a three from Kyrie Irving"

I clapped my hands together just because I was so amazed by the way Kyrie had been playing tonight. He was definitely a hard worker.

"Aww your boy is on fire" Kirsten giggled, flipping her hair over her shoulders.

Cleveland ended up winning the game and when the arena was beginning to clear our Kirsten and I decided to take a few pictures. I even posted one of myself on Instagram captioning it 'had a wonderful time at tonight's game'.

*

"You will do anything I say" I licked my lips, looking over at Kyrie as we sat on the couch.

He sucked his teeth, playing with his wristbands. "You wish"

He came over a little bit after his game had ended and this was his last night in California so I'm thrilled he decided to spend it with me.

"Kiss me then" I ordered seductively.

"No" He said, glancing at me, and then back at my lips before actually leaning over and placing his lips on mine. His hands wrapped around my waist, as I placed my right hand on his chin. It honestly felt like sparks were flying, I pulled away first just looking into his brown orbs.

"Told you" I chuckled, flipping my hair aside.

"You just got lucky that time"

Poking my bottom lip out. "Anyways you played amazing tonight"

Kyrie placed his muscular arms around my shoulder, while looking over at me. "I saw you looking all happy"

"I was happy. It's interesting to see you play"

"I gotta flight in the morning. Back to Cleveland" He whispered into my hair. My eyes landed on the clock and saw the time was heading one am.

"Give me a kiss before you leave then"

I looked up and he pressed his lips to mine.

"Are you about to leave now?"

"No, I just want to spend a little more time with you"