Chapter 44

Adrienne

Annoyance. My mood for when I had woken up this morning to be introduced to an extreme headache. It honestly felt like someone was using a hammer and pounding continuously against my head and if not for this studio session I had to be at in the next hour, I would have just stayed in bed.

I guess you could say when I arrived the last person I was expecting to be was in the same room as myself and I wouldn't say it was awkward but it was a little unexpected.

Removing the gold Beats away from my ear and walking out of the booth, I took a seat in an available chair as a blunt was being passed in rotation among a few individuals. Aubrey himself came over and had taken a seat not too far from me, with his eyes glued on me the whole time.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" I asked, crossing my legs together.

He just shook his head, chuckling. "Nothing Adrienne"

"It's obviously something. Since you haven't happened to stop looking this way"

Drake rolled his chair closer to me, "I wanted to tell you something but I ain't really know how to say it"

"Just say it"

"Well you look really good today"

Taken back a bit, "Thank you. Why didn't you know how to say that?"

"I don't want your boyfriend to get all upset and stuff"

"That comment was so unnecessary"

"I mean I would just feel a certain way if someone was giving my girl a compliment"

"But that's you and not him. Two different people", slightly I rolled my eyes.

"You right I'm not him and he not me, but it was nice chillin' with you Dri. See you 'round soon?" he looked at me, standing up.

"I don't know Aubrey. It's a lot coming up for me, I can't really make promises"

He nodded his head before shrugging his shoulders, "The usual"; he chuckled, licking his lips. "Stay safe Dri"

After giving each other a friendly hug, I watched as him and his small entourage left the studio. For the time being, I thought about texting Kyrie but then I realized the time zones and considering the fact that playoffs were exactly tomorrow I knew he was way too busy right now.

*

"Isn't it obvious he still wants you?"

"I don't know why, everyone knows i'm in a relationship"

After the studio, Zizi and I met up at the nail salon because it's been a week since I last had something done to my nails and this color was not working for me anymore. I informed her about my little encounter with Drake at the studio, and like I expected she had something to say.

"This is Drake, Mr. OVO here. I'm sure he isn't worried about any relationship and I doubt he even see's Kyrie as competition"

Looking ahead as the Asian lady placed both of my hands in the liquid, "Zizi do you really think I would even think about getting with Aubrey?"

"I never said you would, but I'm just giving heads up to be careful. You know the media will take any opportunity they can to start a story about you and Drake again. Drake himself would probably find ways to feed into it"

"Trust me Zi, I know"

From a much needed nail trip, I left with a nude coat for my signature stiletto look. Nude usually wasn't the color I would use on my nails but I figured if I could wear the color as clothing, then why not try it out on my nails.