Chapter 8

Adrienne

Sitting still, as the make up artist applied foundation onto my face. I was getting ready for a photo shoot with Elle Magazine, and I was honored they wanted to work with me. It wasn't my first time shooting with them, but it was always a good feeling that they loved me so much. 

"Hey mami" Lawrence walked, in taking off his sunglasses.

My eyes lit up. "Hey you". I invited him to do my hair for the shoot, since he was one of the only people allowed to touch my hair. "I would kiss you, but I don't wanna mess up your face" he laughed, and took a seat on the fluffy, black couch.

"It's fine, you look stylish" I observed his outfit from head to toe.

"Thanks baby" he flashed his eyebrows, and began typing away on his iPhone. "Let me guess you texting Carlos" I attempted to say, as the artist gently glossed my lips.

"You know it, that's my baby" Lawrence answered, getting up and looking at my face. "Wow, you did a really good job with her" he complimented to the make up artist.

She smiled. "Thank you sir". Collecting all her necessary equipment, before walking out of the room. Lawrence opened his bag full of hair supplies, and laid them out. "So what type of style are we working with?" He asked, placing my hair into a high ponytail.

"Whatever you think will look good with my face" I chuckled, sitting back a bit. A ding was soon heard, and I looked over at the table to see my phone lighting up. "Can you hand me that please?"

Lawrence nodded, and grabbed my phone placing it into my hands. "Mhmm new boo"

I shrugged and unlocked it quickly to a new text from Kyrie.

Ky🏀: Hey, whatcha' doing? 

Oddly now when I recieved messages from Kyrie, it was like some feeling that would come over me that I couldn't even explain. 

Me: Getting ready for a photo shoot, you?

After sending it, I clicked on my Twitter app to compose a tweet.

@officialadrienne: Elle shoot coming soon

Soon as I tweeted it, the retweets, replies, and quotes were blowing up. It amazed me how my fans would get worked up over everything little thing I tweet. Still love them.

Out of curiosity I found myself typing up Kyrie's Twitter name, not to be nosy just look I suppose.

@kyrieirving: So proud of my team ! Cavs Nation

@kyrieirving: It's so many good people in my life 

@kyrieirving: Beautiful day in Cleveland

Scrolling down his time line, I chuckled at a few of his tweets, but it was one in particular that caught my eye the most.

@kyrieirving: That moment a cute girl feed you a piece of sushi 😊 #gotyoufeelingspecial

It was tweeted about three weeks ago, when he had invited me to Cleveland. Finding it a bit cute, I decided to favor, and even compose another tweet.

@officialadrienne: gotmefeelingspecial 🙈

Not even seconds, my notifications were becoming outrageous with replies and re-tweets. Many were wondering who I was talking about, some even brought up Drake.

@justbethany: Drake has her feeling special !

@__drizzysgirl: @officialadrienne: 'gotmefeelingspecial 🙈' Who Adrienne?

@yunglover: it's obviously Drake she's talking about.

"Who got you feeling special?" Lawrence asked, causing me to look up from my phone. "Yeah, I looked over your shoulder and saw that tweet"

I chuckled, looking at him through the mirror. "Nobody, just tweeting"

"Mhmm" he raised his eyebrows and continued back on my hair. "Just making sure"

I haven't really told anyone how close I was with Kyrie, mainly because he was like a friend and I didn't see it as something that needed to be told. 

My phone vibrated in my hands, and I assumed it was Kyrie with his horrible Spanish once again.

Ky🏀: 😭 love the twitter watching

I laughed silently. Damn I was caught. 

Me: No I wasn't lol 

It took Lawrence a whole thirty minutes to finish with my head. The wardrobe crew styled me in at least three different outfits before I eventually met with the photographers.

"Stunning Adrienne, keep looking just like that"

I did a few poses, just giving the photographer my all. I could tell he was impressed with me, by the compliments he was throwing out. During break, Kyle approached me handing me a bottle of sparkling water. I thanked him, and sat by the director looking over the first half of photos on the computer.

"You're such a perfectionist" 

I smiled, removing the cap off the bottle. "Thank you"

An hour, we managed to wrap up the whole photo shoot, and I was now changing back into my original clothes which were high- waist, teal pants and a matching loose, thin cropped tank with my teal Gucci anke, strapp high- heel sandal.

"Thank you so much for coming out" the editor of Elle, approached me.

"My pleasure, thank you also" I smiled, as Kyle handed me my phone, and handbag. We talked more about the magazine issue, but not for long because I had a flight to Miami to catch for some business.

***

Landing in Miami about two hours ago, the meeting wasn't until another two hours so I decided to kill time by doing a little shopping with Chanel and Kirsten.

"I hope everything is alright with Nel" Kirsten pointed over to the window where Chanel was engaging in a serious conversation. She seemed a little pissed off. 

"I hope so too" I picked up a pair of Christian Louboutin heels. 

Chanel soon made her way back over to us still looking not sp happy. "What's wrong babe?" 

"Damian! That's whats wrong" she rolled her eyes.

"What happened?" Kirsten asked, placing her hands on Chanel's shoulder.

"So why does he call me complaining about me hardly visiting him in Portland" she started to say. "He fails to realize that I'm a supermodel. I'm not going to put you before my career" 

"Calm down Chanel" 

"Like it really pissed me off because he makes it seem like I have to be at his beck and call, which I refuse" she half yelled.

"Maybe he doesn't understand you" I shrugged my shoulders. 

"Well he needs to understand if he wants this relationship to work" 

"Honestly, I wouldn't suggest dating an athlete" Kirsten added. "Because it's too much that comes with them. You're already a busy person, Damian travels a lot with being in the NBA and that's a lot too handle" 

"I don't think it's based off your occupation. I mean will two people try to make a relationship work, even if it means sacrificing" I said to both of them. 

"It doesn''t matter. He can't always expect me to throw everything off for him" Chanel mumbled, before walking away.

Kirsten and I both shrugged our shoulders, and continued on with our shopping.