Chapter 9

Adrienne

"Isn't the Cavaliers playing tonight?" I asked, as we finally settled in the hotel room. 

"Yeah, I think so. Why?" 

I shook my head, as I jammed to the music that was playing in the background. My phone began to ring, and I looked down to see it was Kyrie calling. 

Looking back at Kirsten who wasn't paying much attention to me, I walked into the bathroom to answer the call. "Hello"

"Yo, hey" 

It was noisy in the background, and I could hear him talking to a few people. Sighing as the noise got louder, and it was beginning to annoy me a little. "Kyrie call me when it's quiet", with that I hung up the phone and walked out the bathroom. I guess I'll see him later tonight at the game. 

"Kirsten be ready by six, because I have to be on set by three" I informed her, and began rummaging for an outfit. 

Since I was a shooting a movie soon. I had to take a flight to Orlando to meet up with the cast, directors, and crew to go over the script and anything that needed to be done.

I was honestly on set for about six hours, before we wrapped up and I finally on my way back to the hotel suite. I was so exhausted and I really felt like just taking a long rest. 

"Put it to the game please" I threw myself onto the bed, as Kirsten turned the television on.

"Since when did you become a Cavaliers fan?" she looked over at me. 

"I can't watch the games?" I asked her back, and placing my head down on the pillow.

"Calm down Adrienne. I was just asking" she laughed as she walked toward a nearby outlet plugging her phone to the charger. That had reminded me to check my phone which I honestly hadn't bother to check all day. I'll check it tomorrow, I had no strength to even go in search of it.

"Adrienne don't fall asleep before the game" 

I waved her off, as my eyes began to fall heavy. "I'm not", was the last two words I uttered before completely knocking out for the night. 

Kyrie 

The team roared, as we made our way back into the locker room. We had just defeated the Bucks 102:81, and everyone was feeling great about the win.

"Man Kyrie, you did great kid" LeBron complimented from the bench he was sitting on, wiping sweat off his forehead. I nodded my head, appreciating that a lot. "Thanks man"

"You may be the youngest, but you really are the wisest" 

"Alright guys huddle up" Coach Blatt yelled, walking inside the locker room. We all came together, forming a circle around him.

"Wonderful job you all put out there. I am very proud of each and every one of you" he nodded his head, looking around us. "That is how I want you to play for the next games. We play against Chicago, in two days so we are leaving Memphis tonight"

"On three, everyone team. One, two, three!"

"Team!" we all yelled, and departed from the little circle. 

Feeling a bit disgusted from the sweaty jersey I was in. I got into the shower and washed myself down properly. Once I was finished, I got dressed and grabbed my bag following the guys out the building and onto the Cavaliers bus. 

Paparazzi was having a field taking pictures, I signed a few autographs for a few fans, but ignored all questions the media threw at me. When I made it inside the bus, I took a seat besides Tristan. 

"Ready for this game against Grizzlies" he asked, looking over at me.

"Always ready" I nodded my head, reaching for my phone in my front jean pocket. I haven't even looked at it all day. Sliding the unlock button, only to see a couple notifications, a few missed alerts, couple missed calls from family members and some text messages. 

I decided to start with my text messages first. 

Jux: Great game bro 👏

Asia😈: Saw your game tonight. Making us proud back home kid !

Right Hand Josh✊: Good job on the W 💯

Replying to most of them, but deciding to call Adrienne once we boarded and landed in Memphis. Within a long six hour flight, we had finally made it to Memphis and were heading to our hotel rooms. 

"Aight kid" LeBron said to me, heading to his room. I gave and head nod, going into my own room, and throwing my bag aside.

***

"I felt really bad about not watching the game. As soon as I came back to the hotel it was over" Adrienne's face appeared on the screen of face time. "But I'm glad you guys won and I'm sure you playing amazing"

"Yeah, it was crazy first quarter, but third quarter came and we just picked up the pace" I laid back on the pillow, raising my phone up a bit. "I was surprised at the amount of Cav fans we have in Memphis"

"Memphis is a great place though, I've been there a couple time and the hospitality is amazing"

Licking my lips. "Yeah, when I got off the bus a lot of people were asking for autographs" I chuckled

"I'm sure the females were especially" she laughed.

"I wish" I chuckled, rubbing my left eye. 

"You keep rubbing your eye, it's gonna turn red' 

"It's been itching all day" 

"Aww, wash it with cold water" she suggested. 

"Adrienne we need you back on set" I heard a voice in the background say. 

"Okay" she looked over at the person answering. "Kyrie?"

"Yeah" I spoke.

"I'll call you when I get a chance"

"That's cool" I said a bit disappointed, mainly because I didn't want to stop talking to her. 

She smiled waving, "Ciao"

"Bye Adrienne" I said, and then ending the face time call. I stretched my arms, feeling my bones pop a bit and a small yawn left my lips. I didn't even realize how tired I was, but I was. Since we had about five hours until practice started. I decided to use this time to get some rest, that I obviously needed.