Chapter 7

Adrienne 

"I'm gonna give you guys props for playing well, but Charlotte will always be my team" I said, taking a sip of my water. 

Kyrie nodded his head, licking his lips. "That's understandable"

We were seated in the back of a Japanese restaurant called SASA. After tonights' game, I was craving sushi and Kyrie was cool with anything it. 

Chanel was extremely emotional about the Hornets losing, that she didn't even bother to ask where I was going to night. I found that shocking, because she was normally curious about my moves. 

“I guess you didn’t like my gift” Kyrie smiled at me. What gift?

I scrunched my face. “Gift? ’m so confused”

He chuckled. “The roses”

No way! He did not send those roses.

“It was not you that sent those roses" I laughed shaking my head. "You?"

"Is that hard to believe?" he asked.

"I'm just shocked that you would send me roses"

He shrugged. "Just my way of saying welcome to Cleveland”

I smiled. “That’s so sweet, thank you. How did you know I liked roses?

“Took a wild guess” he bit his bottom lip. I nodded and stared at him for a quick second. 

“They have the best Japanese food ever” he spoke, picking up his menu.

“Really?” I questioned, looking around. “I’m not sure if I should take an Australians word”

“Oh you did not just got there” We both laughed.

“So, what do I not know about Kyrie Irving?” I asked, looking up at him. 

He rubbed the back of his head. "Uh, I'm not really interesting. Your average twenty-two year old playing in the NBA"

"You're twenty-two? Aww such a baby" I cheesed, at the one year advantage I had over him.

"Aren't you like a year older? I'm not much of baby then"

"So you know how old I am and the fact I like roses. Keeping tabs on me huh?"

"I just take wild guesses" he laughed.

"Shut up, yeah right" I joined in laughing also. "But seriously though friends are supposed to know about each other so lets start off with favorite color"

"Uh" he raised his brows, biting his bottom lip. "Red'

"Okay, mine is white"

"White? That's the most basic color ever" 

"Chill, it's angelic to me" 

Kyrie nodded his head and placing his hand on the table, and I noticed his tattoos peeking through the sleeves of his shirt.

“How many tattoos do you have?” I asked. Kyrie looked at both of his arms. “Umm, like eight. Most of them are tributes to my mom and then my sister's names”

My eyes glossed, looking up and meeting his. “If you don't mind me asking, what happened to your mom?”

“She passed away when I was four, from a terminal illness”

“I’m so sorry” I said sympathetically, before giving him a small smile.

I know that must have been hard on him, because during the age of eight I lost my father in a car wreck, and not even four years ago my younger brother lost his battle with cancer. So I could feel his pain. 

He licked his lips, shaking his head. “Nah, it’s cool”

The waiter came over, taking our orders and within thirty minutes our food had arrived in front of us. I observed my sushi roll, and laughed as Kyrie made a face.

“Why did you make that face?” I laughed, picking up the chopsticks.

He shook his head, "Sushi is gross"

"No it's not"

“How could anyone eat raw fish” Kyrie chuckled, looking at my plate disgusted.

"Because it's good that's why”

I used my chopstick to pick one up, scooting closer to him and holding it up to his mouth. “You gotta try it”. Kyrie shook his head, and moved my hand away gently, chuckling softly.

“Try it” I held my hand up higher to his mouth. He scrunched his face up, before opening his mouth up and allowing me to put the sushi roll inside his mouth. I watched as he chewed slowly, and laughed a bit. “You see it wasn’t even that bad”

“It was alright” he picked up the napkin, wiping his mouth. I flipped my hair, behind my ear and began eating.

During the time, Kyrie and I learned a lot more about each other. One thing I liked about Kyrie was that he wasn't cocky, but instead chill and sweet. 

"I had a great time tonight" I smiled. 

“Yeah, same here” he chuckled. 

"We should do this again. When our schedules aren't so busy"

"That's fine with me" 

I was serious about hanging out with each other again. Kyrie was the type of person you would love to keep around you.