Chapter 14

Adrienne

Five Days Later 

“Yes baby, its Power 105.1, Adrienne Taylor is in the building today” Angie announced clapping her hands together.

I smiled, and also clapped my hands. “Yay”

“It’s like every time I see you, you continue to look more beautiful”

“Oh thank you” I gushed, taking a sip of my Tropicana orange juice.

“You welcome. So what has Adrienne been up to?” she asked, adjusting her mic. “You have an album you’re getting ready to release and also a couple movies coming out”

I nodded, squinting my eyes. “Yeah, I think four movies releasing this year and the album is almost done”

“You’re such a huge multitasker, and I love that about you” Angie laughed.

I chuckled. “I like to keep myself focused and occupied”

“That’s fascinating to me, so speaking of the album who can we expect to hear on it?”

“Umm Drake is on the album, Childish Gambino, Frank Ocean, Nicki Minaj and more” I played with my braids. 

“I actually heard Drake is on the album twice” she raised her eyebrow.

“Yeah he is” I nodded my head.

“What is up with that, like you and Drake?”

“What do you mean? We're just friends”

“Really? You sure? Because Drake actually admitted to having feelings for you” she smiled. “Plus it seems like you two have a little something going on”

I rolled my eyes. “I actually had to friendzone him”

Angie busted out laughing. “What? You friendzone Drake!”

“I know, but I can’t see Aubrey as anything more to me, than a friend”

"You just called him Aubrey, so there obviously something there" 

"He let's me call him Aubrey" 

"Exactly there must be some type of relationship" Angie cheesed, with her hand held out. 

I gently shook my head. "None at all"

“But have you and Drake been on any dates?” she asked.

“Umm, we’ve been on dates” I said, moving my head a bit. “But they we’re like friendly dates, nothing more to it. I wouldn't even consider them dates”

“Does Drake not qualify as a candidate?” she chuckled.

“No it’s not that” I chuckled lightly, shaking my head. “No but really Drake is a good friend, and I can't see him as anything more than a friend to me”

“I see where you coming from” she nodded her, head looking at the laptop. “Is that what you did with Chris Brown? Cause I think he liked you too”

“No, umm Chris Brown and I that’s a no” I shook my head, and took another sip from the juice bottle. "Never ever going to happen"

“Wow Adrienne, are they not meeting up with your standards?” she laughed.

“It’s not about standards, it’s just”

“You’re not interested?” she questioned, and then nodded her head.

“Yeah, something like that”

“Are you even looking for a relationship?” she questioned, raising her brows.

I took another sip. “You know it’s weird because I’ve never been in a relationship before, so I don’t think I would kn-“

“You’ve never been in a relationship?” she cut me off, looking very surprised.

I shook my head ‘no’. “Never been a girlfriend before”

“But you sing about relationships and breakups though”

Licking my lips. “I mean, I’ve talked to guys but I’ve never really been in a relationship with any of them”

“I’m shocked, because there is like so many guys after you. I wanna know how those text messages looking” she laughed. “I know that phone be blowing up”

I busted out laughing. “No, not really. I’m just chilling, phone is dry”

“I hate to believe that” she confessed. “But do you have your eye on somebody?”

I smirked, feeling my cheeks get hot. “Umm, you see”

“Notice how you blush when I brought that up” we both shared a laugh. “No, seriously who is this guy that has you blushing?”

“He’s someone” I smirked. 

“Is he in the limelight?”

“What do you mean by limelight?” I asked, with my face scrunched up.

“Like If he were to walk outside would paparazzi recognize him?” she clarified for me.

“Uh, yeah they would but I'm not going to say too much”

“Gosh who is he! A singer or rapper?”

“Why does it have to be a singer or rapper? Why not a athlete or something?” I chuckled, flipping my braids.

“Woah, are you giving hints that it’s an athlete?” Angie asked, looking directly at me.

I shrugged my shoulders, and zipped my lips. 

"Wow Adrienne, so what are you doing for the holidays coming up?"

"Well my plan is to visit home, but the way my schedule looking" I began laughing, "I'm not sure about that yet. Hopefully I can because I missed last Christmas"

"You missed Christmas last year?"

"Yeah. Because I was on set shooting a movie, and I was really pissed about it"

"Wow. Okay and you have a perfume. Which smells amazing by the way"

"Yep. I have a perfume called Adrienne" I nodded my head, playing with the juice bottle. 

"It's really good, because I heard them talking about it on tv and I smelt it myself and it's amazingly good"

"It smells wonderful" 

"Is there a way you can hook me up with one?"

I chuckled. "Of course Ang"

"Remember please, I know you're so busy you probably might forget" she laughed.

"I will not forget Angie, and thank you for having me"

"Thank you too. You were great today" she flashed her lashes. "Is their anything were forgetting for the people?"

"I don't think so" biting my bottom lip, while shaking my head. "I hope not"

"Alright well it's Power 105 and we out"

"Ciao"