𝗛𝗘𝗥𝗕𝗢𝗟𝗢𝗚𝗬

HERBOLOGY
"𝗌𝖺𝗒 𝗆𝗒 𝗇𝖺𝗆𝖾 𝗈𝗇𝖾 𝗆𝗈𝗋𝖾 𝗍𝗂𝗆𝖾 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖨 𝗐𝗂𝗅𝗅 𝗋𝗂𝗉 𝗒𝗈𝗎𝗋 𝗍𝗈𝗇𝗀𝗎𝖾 𝗈𝗎𝗍 𝖿𝗋𝗈𝗆 𝗒𝗈𝗎𝗋 𝗆𝗈𝗎𝗍𝗁 𝖻𝗒 𝗆𝗒 𝖽𝖺𝗀𝗀𝖾𝗋."

—THE NEXT DAY, IT WAS THE FIRST DAY OF CLASSES

—THE NEXT DAY, IT WAS THE FIRST DAY OF CLASSES. Alexandria, Pansy, and Daphne left the castle together, crossed the vegetable patch, and made for the greenhouses, where the magical plants were kept.

As they neared the greenhouses they saw the rest of the class standing outside, waiting for Professor Sprout.

Alexandria, Pansy, and Daphne had only just joined them when she came striding into view across the lawn, accompanied by Gilderoy Lockhart.

Professor Sprout's arms were full of bandages, and with a look of confusion, Alexandria asked, "What happened?" noticing the bandaged whomping willow across the greenhouses.

"Some six years tried coming by a flying car." answered Daphne with a small chuckle.

Professor Sprout was a squat little witch who wore a patched hat over her flyaway hair; there was usually a large amount of earth on her clothes and her fingernails would always make Alexandria grimace, who always had perfect nails. (Thanks to Narcissa, of course.)

Gilderoy Lockhart, however, was immaculate in sweeping robes of turquoise, his golden hair shining under a perfectly positioned turquoise hat with gold trimming. Though, it still made Alexandria grimace again.

"Oh, hello there!" he called, beaming around at the assembled students. "Just been showing Professor Sprout the right way to doctor a Whomping Willow! But I don't want you running away with the idea that I'm better at Herbology than she is! I just happen to have met several of these exotic plants on my travels..."

"Greenhouse three today, chaps!"said Professor Sprout, who was looking distinctly disgruntled, not at all her usual cheerful self.

There was a murmur of interest.

They had only ever worked in greenhouse one before— greenhouse three housed far more interesting and dangerous plants.

Professor Sprout took a large key from her belt and unlocked the door.

Alexandria caught a whiff of damp earth and fertilizer mingling with the heavy perfume of some giant, umbrellasized flowers dangling from the ceiling.

She was about to follow Pansy and Daphne inside when Lockhart's hand shot out.

"Alexandria, right? I've been wanting a word with you and Harry—! you don't mind if they're a couple of minutes late, do you, Professor Sprout?"