𝗗𝗔𝗥𝗞 𝗠𝗔𝗥𝗞

DARK MARK
"𝗂'𝗅𝗅 𝖽𝗈 𝖺𝗇𝗒𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗇𝗀."

—SIRIUS GLARED AT DRACO, WHILE HIS HUSBAND WAS BUSY WITH THEIR GODDAUGHTER

—SIRIUS GLARED AT DRACO, WHILE HIS HUSBAND WAS BUSY WITH THEIR GODDAUGHTER. "Glaring at him will get you nowhere," said Alexandria, noticing this. "He helped me."

Draco blinked in shock, but didn't say anything.

Sirius rolled his eyes, pointing at Draco. "Don't get anywhere near her, Malfoy."

Alexandria hissed in pain when Remus muttered an "episky" spell a few times over and over again.

As soon as she was back home, she rushed over to her godfathers, not wanting her father to know what happened and knowing that the two men would help and heal her instead.

Which was a good idea, because she had found out they had covered for her last night when Tom had asked if she was back from her mission.

"Here," Remus snapped a chocolate bar in half, giving a half to Alexandria and the other half to Draco. "Thank you for looking out for her."

"Anytime," nodded Draco.

"What's going on?" frowned Alexandria that night when Harry rushed into her room.

"Malfoy's getting the dark mark."

It took a few seconds for Alexandria to fathom what he had said.

She paled and stood up. "What?!"

"Right now. In the meeting room."

Alexandria didn't reply, rushing out of her room.

Stepping into the meeting room, Alexandria noticed that only the inner circle were there— Draco now included, but it seemed like he didn't have the mark yet.

Alexandria made eye contact with her father. "Can I talk to you? Alone."

Tom motioned towards the meeting that was happening. "Can it wait?"

"No."

He nodded and stood up, walking out of the room with her.

As soon as he closed the door, he finally noticed her glare. "What's wrong?" He sighed.

"You're marking him?!"

"Oh, that." Tom nodded, not fazed by her anger. "Indeed, I am."

"Why?! He's my partner! Not your death eater!"

"He will remain your partner, but not this year, Lex. I need a spy for Hogwarts and he's the best choice."

"What other reason do you have?" She asked knowingly. "That can't be all."

"Lucius failed an important mission. This is his punishment."

Alexandria stared at her father with parted lips. "You're making that boy go through the pain of being marked and stuff— just because his father failed a goddamn mission?!"

"Draco Malfoy has seen people die and has been the reason for it several times. What's one more?"

"Who is he killing?" Alexandria frowned again, panic rising up her chest.

By the look on Tom's face, she knew it wouldn't be easy.

"Mark me, too."

Tom's eyes widened a bit. "Don't you dare say that again. You're my daughter. Not some lowly death eater. You're not a servant of mine."

"I'm his partner, aren't I? Remember? 3 years ago. You said that I'm his partner and he's mine. We go on missions together and try not to get each other killed. Remember that?"

Tom sighed.

"Give me the dark mark. I want to be a death eater, too."

"The decision is already made, Lex. I cannot change it."

"Says the fucking dark lord," scoffed the girl.

Tom ignored her, opening the doors to the meeting room. "You should leave," he whispered, turning around.

Alexandria couldn't help but take a glance at Draco— who was looking paler than ever.

She knew he didn't want to be a death eater.

Being her partner was easy. Missions, helping each other if one of them got hurt, more missions.

Being a death eater, however, was anything but. Going on missions alone, and if hurt— nobody would care enough to help. They would just leave him to die.

And the worst part both of them thought about this? They wouldn't be together for the rest of the year.

"Hey," Alexandria walked over to the boy an hour later— when the meeting was finally over.

Draco, who was now wearing long sleeves, took one look at her and walked away.

She frowned, but did nothing to stop him.

A hand on her shoulder made her look up. "He'll need some time," said Narcissa with her usual soothing voice, crouching down to her height.

Yes, she was 15, almost 16– but she was still short. Well, if you considered 5'3 short, which she did. "I just wanted to help.."

"I know," Narcissa pulled her in for a hug, which the girl returned. "but you can't exactly blame him."

"I'm not," Alexandria shook her head. "I get where he's coming from."

Narcissa nodded, giving her a kiss on the cheek. "He'll need some time, darling. It's the best thing you can give him right now."

"Anything," mumbled the girl with a small frown, looking at the door Draco had disappeared from. "I'll do anything."