𝗠𝗘𝗘𝗧𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗨𝗣

MEETING UP
"𝗂𝗍'𝗌 𝖺 𝗌𝗍𝗎𝗉𝗂𝖽 𝗍𝗈𝗎𝗋𝗇𝖺𝗆𝖾𝗇𝗍 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖨'𝗅𝗅 𝗌𝗎𝗋𝗏𝗂𝗏𝖾!"

—WALKING AROUND THE CASTLE, ALEXANDRIA TRIED NOT TO SIGH AT THE MANY DIRTY LOOKS SHE WAS RECEIVING

WALKING AROUND THE CASTLE, ALEXANDRIA TRIED NOT TO SIGH AT THE MANY DIRTY LOOKS SHE WAS RECEIVING. Of course, the other houses were furious that she had to compete and insulted/called her names whenever they had the chance to— not that they were even successful, having been at the end of a dagger pointed to their neck— but the Sytherins stood up for her and tried whatever they could.

Right now, it was weeks later and the first task was coming up.

Alexandria was looking through many books in the library, ignoring the whispering from the other students.

She looked up when somebody sat in front of her, which made her immediately glare at the person. "I didn't give you permission to sit."

Cedric stood up and pointed to the chair. "Do I have your permission to sit, Miss Slytherin?"

"No."

Nonetheless, he sat down again, making her roll her eyes. "The first task—" he dropped his voice into a whisper "—is dragons."

Almost dropping the book in her hands, Alexandria's eyes widened. "What?!"

Cedric nodded. "Dragons. That's the first task."

"Why are you telling me this?" She asked in suspicion and a hint of confusion.

He gave her a smile and stood up. "I'm sure you would've done the same for me."

She didn't turn around as he walked away. "But that's the problem." She mumbled to herself. "I wouldn't."

"Here," said Tom as he put a few books on the table. He and his daughter were at the Three Broomsticks, where they had met up— because of Alexandria apparently needing help.

She wordlessly looked at the titles and immediately put it back down after seeing the word "—dragons—" on them.

"Barty told me," explained her father when he noticed her questioning look. He sighed when she nodded and stood up. "Lex, you do know that I might not be able to say it, but I'm trying to show it, right?"

"I know." She nodded with a smile, which slowly started to fade. "I know."

It might've been only 'three words' to others, but it meant a lot to Alexandria, especially because she had never been told the three words.

"Then what's wrong?"

"You all think I'm weak!" snarled his daughter finally, suddenly furious. "It's a stupid tournament and I'll survive! Stop trying to help!"

"This tournament that you now have to join is Dumbledore's fault," Tom said clearly, also suddenly mad. "Deny my help you shall not, Alexandria. This isn't a 'stupid' tournament. This is a life or death situation."

Her shoulders slumped. She slowly sat back down when her father motioned for her to do so. "Fine."

"Be careful, will you?" Tom's voice softened, as did his eyes.

Alexandria frowned. "You're not coming?"

"I can't. Dumbledore put a ward on Hogwarts to prevent me from coming."

"Oh," mumbled the girl in disappointment. "Since when?"

"Ever since the day I barged into his office."

She nodded, trying not to look disappointed. "Right."