𝗦𝗘𝗔𝗥𝗖𝗛𝗘𝗦

SEARCHES
"𝖨'𝗆 𝖽𝖾𝗌𝗉𝖾𝗋𝖺𝗍𝖾, 𝖲𝗅𝗒𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗋𝗂𝗇."

—ALEXANDRIA RELAXED CONSIDERABLY THE NEXT MORNING WHEN SHE FINISHED READING HER FATHER'S LETTER

ALEXANDRIA RELAXED CONSIDERABLY THE NEXT MORNING WHEN SHE FINISHED READING HER FATHER'S LETTER. Last night, she had written to him about the dementors and everything, so she was glad to have a reply.

Her father had basically just told her that the dementors were dark creatures, meaning one thing— they were on their side. However, it was still better to keep out of their sight, which Alexandria rolled her eyes at.

"Slytherin," said Draco Malfoy with a smirk as he sat down in front of the said girl at the Slytherin table.

Alexandria sighed, not wanting to deal with him at the moment. "What is it now, Malfoy?"

"How are you on this fine morning?"

"Great. Up until you sat down in front of me, that is."

Draco rolled his eyes and stood up. "I'll be on my way, then."

"What class do we have first?" asked Pansy as the trio were now walking through through the school corridors to get to their first class.

"Potions."

Pansy groaned at Daphne's answer.

Alexandria, who was in the middle of them, snapped back to reality when they reached the dungeons. "What new classes did you two sign up for?"

"We signed up for them together, Dria. Remember? Divination and Care of Magical Creatures." said Pansy with a shrug. "What about you, Daph?"

Daphne, who was looking at the schedule in her hands, shrugged. "Same as you two."

"Hold on— they've got your schedule wrong!" Pansy pointed out, realizing the many classes on Daphne's schedule. "Look— two classes at the same time?"

"I've fixed it with Professor Snape," said Daphne in an attempt to get the schedule back.

Alexandria, who already knew Daphne had a time turner due to seeing it that morning on accident, rolled her eyes fondly.

"—and Slytherin and Malfoy." finished Professor Snape, reading out the new partners for the class.

Alexandria's jaw dropped. She threw a threatening look at the blond, who just sat down next to her with a smirk. "Why do we always get paired up?"

"Destiny does cruel things." He shook his head mockingly.

She huffed and pulled out their cauldron wordlessly, while Draco went to grab the ingredients. She turned around, making eye contact with her best friends, who were partners.

Daphne and Pansy both gave her teasing looks and went back to their potion.

Alexandria groaned, knowing there was no way to get out of this.

"Don't act like that or I might think that you don't want to be my partner," said Draco, putting the potion ingredients onto their table.

The girl rolled her green eyes and started flipping through her potions book. "Let's get this over with."

Later on that day, Alexandria walked into the library, immediately fastening her pace, wanting to go to the dark arts section.

"Slytherin!"

She stopped, refraining herself from rolling her eyes, and turned around. "Yes, Potter?" She asked coolly.

Harry looked around, noticing some weird looks he was getting from the other students. "I need your help. Just this once—"

"What makes you think that your sister even wants to be found?" She whispered, cutting him off.

"What do you mean?" asked Harry, looking confused. "She might be in danger—"

"Or she was saved. Have you ever talked about your sister with your parents, Potter?"

"..They always change the subject.. but that's not important—"

"Doesn't that tell you something?" Alexandria raised an eyebrow, rolling her eyes when she got a look of disbelief and a bit of disgust from the boy.

"There is no way they would do that to her."

"You're talking about her as if she's already here." She pointed out with another roll of her eyes.

"So are you." He shot back immediately.

They both stopped and locked eyes. None of them talked for a few seconds, not looking away from each other's green eyes.

"Ava.." whispered Harry unconsciously.

"I've repeated this for a hundred times, Potter— I'm not Ava."

"Then, tell me why I feel so safe around you!" He exclaimed suddenly, catching everyone's attentions once again.

Alexandria groaned at the sudden attention and grabbed his hand, pulling him out of the Library.

As soon as she closed the door when they reached an abandoned classroom, Alexandria rounded up on Harry. "Look, Potter. I'm really sorry you've lost your sister. However, I am not her. Our same eye color is just a stupid coincidence."

"I know— I'm sorry," said Harry, looking defeated as he ran his hands through his messy hair. "I'm desperate, Slytherin. I've searched for her ever since I found out I had a sister.."

"I get that. I really do. But.." She sighed, not knowing what to say.

Ever since she had found out she was adopted, she believed that the Potters hated her.

She was still certain that the Potter couple do hate her, but Harry..? She wasn't so certain anymore.

The only problem was— Harry was the savior. The golden boy. Dumbledore's closest.. friend? Or whatever it was.

So, she was stuck.

She couldn't tell Harry who she was, nor could she keep denying it.

Her twin didn't forget her and had been searching for her for years.

And she didn't know how to feel about it.

"I'm really sorry.." Alexandria said and walked out of the classroom, not wanting to be with him any longer.