𝗪𝗢𝗥𝗥𝗜𝗘𝗦

WORRIES
"𝗉𝗅𝖾𝖺𝗌𝖾 𝗍𝖾𝗅𝗅 𝗆𝖾 𝗐𝖾'𝗅𝗅 𝖻𝖾 𝗈𝗄𝖺𝗒."

—"WHEN'S THE WAR?" ASKED HARRY AFTER A TRAINING LESSON WITH THE INNER CIRCLE, WHICH HE WAS GETTING WITH ALEXANDRIA AND DRACO

—"WHEN'S THE WAR?" ASKED HARRY AFTER A TRAINING LESSON WITH THE INNER CIRCLE, WHICH HE WAS GETTING WITH ALEXANDRIA AND DRACO. Alexandria shrugged, putting on one of Draco's sweatshirts— which he had purposely left for her to wear. "Dunno. Why?"

"It's probably in a few weeks," Draco replied, drinking water from a glass.

Harry sighed. "We'll be okay, right?"

Blaise, who had decided to visit for the day as he wanted to spend time with Harry, put an arm around him in an attempt to comfort him.

Alexandria hesitated— which the boys noticed. "Yeah," she eventually nodded. "We'll all be alright."

Draco sat down next to his fiancée, pulling her to his chest and kissing her head.

That night, Alexandria looked at the boy sleeping next to her and stood up as quietly as she could.

She walked to her bathroom, closed the door, and turned the lights on.

Staring at her hair— which was in a ponytail— she sighed, then noticed the bags under her eyes.

She turned the tap on, washing her face.

When she was done, she closed the tap and looked back in the mirror.

It wasn't easy for her to sleep anymore.

The thoughts about the upcoming war were already haunting her.

The light side was after her father, Harry— as they knew he was dark now—, and Draco.

All the people she loved.

Oh, and they were after her, too.

She swallowed hard, trying to contain the tears that were threatening to spill out.

A mere seventeen-year-old shouldn't have to worry about ending up being the only one alive or ending up dying.

She preferred the second one, though.

Alexandria would rather die than live without her father, Harry, or Draco.

Tom would, of course, understand if his daughter didn't want to fight in the war. Hell, he preferred it that way. But Alexandria didn't want that.

She'd rather try and fail than failing without even trying. Even though she had faith in the dark side.

They were more powerful, after all.

But fears were still fears.

She flinched when the door opened.

"Ellie?" asked Draco in concern. "Are you alright?"

"Of course," nodded Alexandria. "Why are you awake?"

"Ellie," he gave her a look. "Please, don't lie to me."

She sighed. "I'm just worried."

"About the war?" Draco asked knowingly, his hands now around her waist.

She put her head on his chest, nodding. "I'm scared, Draco," whispered the girl. "I don't want to lose somebody important to me."

He swallowed the lump forming in his throat, trying to be strong for her. "Neither do I, Ellie."

"Please tell me we'll be okay."

"I'm not sure about that, love—" he whispered, but was cut off by her.

"Then lie to me."

He took a breath. "We'll be okay, Eleanor. Everything will be okay."