𝗩𝗜𝗖𝗧𝗢𝗥𝗜𝗘𝗦

VICTORIES
"𝗐𝖾 𝗐𝗈𝗇."

—HOURS LATER, THE WAR WAS FINALLY OVER

—HOURS LATER, THE WAR WAS FINALLY OVER. "We won," said Tom through the cheers of the death eaters. "Congratulations. A new meeting will happen soon, but for now, everyone go celebrate."

The death eaters all started apparating away.

Alexandria, Draco, Blaise, and Harry sat down in the piles of the school bricks— wanting to take a rest, but wanting to stay at the school as they haven't been there for a year.

"You're bleeding," noticed Draco finally. He pulled his shirt off, ignoring Blaise's teasing whistle, and waited for Alexandria to lay her head on his lap. When she did so, he started cleaning up the wound on the side of her head. "What's up with you and your head that always bleeds in fights?" He murmured softly, shaking his head.

Alexandria let out a small chuckle, staring at the sunrise. "Nobody died, right?"

Harry shook his head. "Sirius is alive. So is Remus. And so is the whole inner circle. The whole light side is dead, though, and thankfully— the Weasleys were one of them."

Alexandria nodded, feeling her eyes flutter, only now realizing how tired she was.

"It's over," muttered Draco to his fiancée. "You realize that, right?"

She smiled widely. "It's over. We won."

He nodded, looking at her with much fondness and love.

Harry put his head on Blaise's shoulder, smiling when the boy put an arm around him.

"You're okay," whispered Tom, hugging his daughter tightly.

As soon as Alexandria had apparated back home, she rushed to her father.

"I'm okay," she repeated with a smile, hugging back.

He frowned, noticing the dried blood on her face. "What happened? Who did that?"

"Nevermind that. I killed the person who did this."

"That's my daughter," smiled Tom fully for the first time in years. "I'm proud of you, Lex."

She pulled away, looking at him in shock. "You are?"

He nodded. "I've always had a problem with you growing up, which I deeply apologize for. I shouldn't have been like that. I now realize growing up changed you. In a good way," said Tom, putting his hands on her shoulders and looking into her eyes. "I'm glad you can love."

She nodded, giving him a small smile, then looking away. "I should go. I want to check up on Sirius and Remus."

"Before you go, I just wanted you to know," he took in a breath, not breaking eye contact with his daughter. "I love you, Lex."

Her eyes widened. After a few minutes of silence, she whispered, "I love you, too, father." and walked out of the room with a smile on her face.

"Is he alright?" asked Alexandria, pointing to a sleeping Remus.

Sirius nodded, his husband in his arms. "He's just tired, that's all. We all are."

She nodded understandingly, making eye contact with Harry. "You should take a shower," she wrinkled her nose.

Harry rolled his eyes. "Excuse me for coming back from a war."

"You're excused," she said.