𝗤𝗨𝗜𝗗𝗗𝗜𝗧𝗖𝗛 𝗤𝗨𝗜𝗧𝗧𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗦𝗘𝗖𝗥𝗘𝗧𝗦

QUIDDITCH QUITTING AND SECRETS
"𝖵𝗈𝗅𝖽𝖾𝗆𝗈𝗋𝗍 𝗐𝗈𝗎𝗅𝖽 𝗇𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗋 𝖽𝗈 𝗍𝗁𝖺𝗍 𝗍𝗈 𝗆𝖾, 𝖻𝖾𝖼𝖺𝗎𝗌𝖾 𝗁𝖾'𝗌 𝗆𝗒 𝖿𝖺𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗋."

—DRACO LOOKED AT HER IN DISBELIEF

—DRACO LOOKED AT HER IN DISBELIEF. "You— you quit quidditch?" He asked again, not knowing if he had heard her correctly. Alexandria nodded calmly, "Yes."

"But you've always enjoyed quidditch!"

"Not anymore." The girl shook her head, unbothered.

"Why?" He asked, sitting down next to her on the couch.

"I didn't like it anymore. Plus, I've got more important things to do."

Draco frowned. "I guess I'm quitting, too."

Alexandria scoffed. "As if. Anyway, I'm off. Goodluck on the game." She stood up and left the common room, not knowing that the boy was actually being serious.

"5 points from Slytherin for stealing a book from the restricted section," said a voice behind Alexandria.

She was in the library, which was empty because all the students were watching the quidditch game that was going on.

Alexandria slowly turned around, something flickering in her eyes.

Professor Selwyn raised an eyebrow, nodding towards the book in her hands.

"It's not stealing if it already belongs to me," huffed the girl, snapping out of it.

"It doesn't belong to you until you're Lady Slytherin," Professor Selwyn pointed out, reaching out a hand for the book. "Now, I'll be taking that."

Alexandria became quiet, giving him the book like he motioned her to do so, never breaking eye contact.

The Professor was about to thank her, but he froze when he noticed the title of the book:

'Necromancy and their secrets'

He looked up from it, making eye contact with the girl. "What do you know about Necromancy, Miss Slytherin?"

"You'd know more, I believe." She said, starting to walk away, but turned around the last minute. "Right, Professor Selwyn?"

He stayed quiet, noting the sarcasm in the last word, watching as she walked away.

"So, who won?" asked Alexandria as Pansy and Daphne walked into their dorm.

Pansy beamed. "Slytherin did, of course!"

"It was a shame you quit," Daphne joined in. "You were the best on the team."

"Who took my place?"

"Some 6th year," replied Daphne. "You were better, though."

"What were you doing while we were away?" Pansy asked curiously, looking at Alexandria.

The Slytherin heiress sighed. "Looking for answers."

"You're still on that?" Daphne frowned. "Dria, he's just a teacher. Nothing more or less."

"The Selwyns are died out, Daph." Alexandria shot back. "He's no Selwyn."

Pansy shrugged. "I doubt it. Dumbledore might've just not known another Selwyn existed. You might be looking for something that isn't there."

"No. Dumbledore did kill all the Selwyns."

"How do you know, Dria?" sighed Daphne, worried about the girl. "Like Pans said, you're just looking for something that isn't there."

"I just do." Alexandria merely said.

"No, you don't." Daphne shook her head, now looking at the girl in pity. "We both know why you're doing this."

"Pardon?" frowned Alexandria.

Pansy and Daphne made eye contact.

"What is it?" The girl asked further, noticing that.

"You're trying to forget Cedric." blurted out Daphne.

Alexandria frowned dangerously. "Excuse me?"

"C'mon, Dria. It's obvious. You're furious about the fact that Voldemort killed Cedric, even more furious that Cedric was the guy you loved—"

"Voldemort didn't kill him," frowned Pansy with a shake of her head. "He's not even back."

Alexandria's eyes flashed in fury, ignoring Pansy. "How dare you?! Voldemort would never. And for the record, I didn't love Cedric!"

"Voldemort's a dark lord, Dria. I know Dumbledore's the actual evil one, but Voldemort did kill Cedric."

"You weren't there! Dumbledore killed him, alright?!" Alexandria finally said the thing she had been keeping in for months. "Dumbledore was there! James Potter was there! They killed Cedric— who, by the way, gave up his life for me, knowing damn well that I couldn't love him back. Voldemort would never do that to me, because he's my father!"

Daphne's eyes widened— as did Pansy's. "What?"

"So.. he's back?" Pansy asked, a bit unbothered.

Her friend scoffed. "He never left."

"That's good. Now I know why my father was almost never home this summer.." mused Pansy with a shrug.

Daphne sighed. "Dria, I didn't know. I'm sorry."

Alexandria rolled her eyes and grabbed a dagger, putting it in her pocket. "If you'll excuse me, I'm taking a walk around the castle." She said, not waiting for an answer as she opened the door and walked out of there.