𝗧𝗛𝗥𝗘𝗘 𝗪𝗢𝗥𝗗𝗦

THREE WORDS
"𝗆𝗈𝗋𝖾 𝗍𝗁𝖺𝗇 𝗒𝗈𝗎'𝗅𝗅 𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗋 𝗄𝗇𝗈𝗐."

—LUCIUS STARED AT HIS SON

—LUCIUS STARED AT HIS SON. "You still haven't found someone to get betrothed to?" He asked, jaw clenching. Draco didn't look away from his father, "No."

"I'll just have to choose somebody for you, then."

"That doesn't need to happen."

"Pardon?" frowned Lucius dangerously.

"I'm engaged, father."

Lucius ignored his wife's gasp and frowned even more. "To whom?"

"Alexandria," replied his son calmly.

"Sweetheart, that's wonderful—" Narcissa seemed genuinely happy, but was cut off by her husband.

"What?" paled Lucius. "You're engaged to the dark lord's daughter?"

"And have been dating her for over a year," Draco stood up, pulling his sleeves up. "You can't ruin this, father. It's an engagement. Not a betrothal. Your opinion doesn't matter. Regardless, I love her."

His parents watched as he walked away.

Draco looked up from the letter he was writing when somebody walked into his room.

"I'm really happy for you, Draco," said his mother softly, walking over to him. "My baby boy is growing up."

"Mother," he looked away in embarrassment.

"Oh, hush," she whispered, putting her hands on his shoulders affectionately. "Anyway, I'm proud of you, darling."

"Thank you, mother."

"How'd he react?" asked Alexandria that night, Draco's head on her chest, while she played with his hair.

They had decided to spend the night together in Slytherin manor— as Draco wanted to be as far away from his father as he could— and Alexandria had no objections.

"The usual," muttered Draco with closed eyes.

"I'm sorry."

He opened his eyes. "It's not your fault, Ellie. I don't care what he thinks, anyway. He's just scared for me to treat you bad, knowing that the dark lord would kill all of us immediately. But he doesn't know that I'd never do that."

Her lips quirked upwards. "I know, Draco. It's alright. Try not to let his words get to you."

"I know," mumbled the boy, closing his eyes again.

Alexandria became quiet, still playing with his hair

"Draco?" She whispered after a few minutes of silence.

He hummed questioningly without opening his eyes.

"I love you."

Draco's eyes snapped open and he immediately stood up on his elbows in an attempt to see her face. "What?" He breathed out in shock.

She put a hand on his jaw and repeated, "I love you, Draco."

He leaned in and kissed her on the lips for a few seconds, then put his forehead on hers— both of their eyes closed. "Can you say it again?" He whispered.

A smile crossed her face. "I love you, Draco Malfoy."

He pulled away and held her hand, kissing the ring and the tattoo. Then, he laid back down next to her, pulling her to his chest. "I love you, Ellie. More than you'll ever know."