𝗕𝗔𝗡𝗗𝗔𝗚𝗘

BANDAGE
"𝗇𝗈 𝗐𝖺𝗒.."

—GOING BACK TO SCHOOL DIDN'T EXCITE ALEXANDRIA, BUT SHE HAD NO CHOICE

—GOING BACK TO SCHOOL DIDN'T EXCITE ALEXANDRIA, BUT SHE HAD NO CHOICE. Ignoring Daphne, she walked over to her own bed in the dorm and laid down on it, closing its curtains. She sighed, fidgeting with her bracelet.

It was a normal day for the students, whom all came back to school with excitement and ate their dinner at the great hall— as always.

Alexandria closed her eyes with another sigh, hoping that she'd finally fall asleep, even though she knew that would be highly unlikely.

"Hey," said a voice behind her in the courtyard.

It was now the next day and the classes were over— but Alexandria had skipped them all.

"Hey," nodded the girl, turning around. "What is it?"

"You skipped all your classes," said Draco, sitting down under the tree. "Are you feeling alright?"

Alexandria looked at him in suspicion, flipping a dagger in her hand. "Why do you suddenly care for me?"

Draco looked back at her and rolled his eyes. "It's not sudden. It's always been—" but he stopped, squinting his eyes at something behind Alexandria.

Noticing this, she turned around and immediately groaned. "I want to get out of here."

Daphne was walking up to her— probably to apologize or something, not that Alexandria cared.

"I can pick you up and throw you over my shoulder," suggested the boy with a grin.

"Do it."

Draco blinked, a bit shocked. Snapping out of it, he stood up and did exactly as he said, rushing out of the courtyard with a chuckling girl on his back.

"That was fun," said Alexandria with a small grin when she was put down, both of them hiding from the teacher they had just seen.

Draco smiled, but she didn't see as she was too busy looking at the teacher. "When do you think all this—" he pointed to the teacher "—will be over?"

"When he dies."

"How long will that take? A few days? Weeks?"

"Maybe even months, but my gut instinct is telling me that it might be weeks. Hopefully."

"Yeah," nodded Draco, not looking away from her. "Hopefully."

She didn't look away from the teacher, but glanced at him from the corner of her eye. "What's on your mind, Malfoy? Spit it out."

"Nothing. Nothing at all."

Alexandria nodded, not convinced but let it go. "He's moving."

"That's what humans do."

She slapped his arm, ignoring his teasing look, and started to walk.

Draco grabbed her arm immediately. "What do you think you're doing? He'll see us!"

"Yes and all he will do is 'take 5 points from Slytherin'.." something flickered across her face, as if she had just solved the missing piece of the puzzle.

He raised his eyebrows, noticing this. "What is it?"

She shook her head, eyes finding the teacher again.

The said teacher was busy with comforting a first year— who looked like she was homesick and was crying.

Draco wrinkled his nose. "If I hadn't known any better, I'd have guessed that Professor Selwyn was a Hufflepuff."

Alexandria's breath hitched, still not looking away from the professor. "No way.."

"What? What is it?"

She became quiet.

Draco sighed. "What's he doing now?" He frowned when the Professor stood up and was walking away.

Alexandria's eyes moved to the Professor's hand, noticing something, which wouldn't bother her if she hadn't figured out who the person was.

Professor Selwyn had a bandage on his finger.