𝗞𝗔𝗧𝗜𝗘 𝗕𝗘𝗟𝗟

KATIE BELL
"𝗌𝗁𝖾 𝗐𝗈𝗋𝖾 𝗂𝗍."

—IT WAS NOW 12TH OF OCTOBER AND IT WAS A HOGSMEADE TRIP DAY

—IT WAS NOW 12TH OF OCTOBER AND IT WAS A HOGSMEADE TRIP DAY. Alexandria grabbed her leather jacket, which was on the floor, frowning when something fell out of the pocket. She crouched down, picking it up.

'A.E.S
-D.L.M'

It was still unopened and she had planned to open it weeks prior, but forgot.

She stared at the letter for a few seconds, then finally opened it.

'I know I'm a bit late, but
happy 16th birthday.'

it said, a charm falling into her hands.

She looked at the charm, letting out a scoff.

It was a rose charm.

Despite what happened between Alexandria and Draco, she still put the charm on her bracelet— staring at the four charms now: a snake, a dagger, a crown, and.. a rose.

She finally snapped out of it and put her leather jacket on, walking out of her room.

Sitting down in The Three Broomsticks with her brother, Alexandria took her jacket off.

"What's he doing?" frowned Harry, nodding towards the direction to the men's washroom.

Alexandria rolled her eyes. "Probably looking for someone to finish his task. Malfoys will be Malfoys," she said bitterly, eyes following the boy— who was clutching a package in his arm and was walking out of sight. "A coward at heart."

"He certainly did find a way to your heart," her brother wiggled his eyebrows teasingly.

"And found a way out of it."

Harry became quiet as the waitress brought them two butterbeers. When she left, he asked, "Is everything alright?"

She took a sip from her glass, not replying.

"Okay," he suddenly looked protective, leaning forward. "Do I need to kill him?"

Alexandria raised an eyebrow.

"Torture him?" He suggested instead.

But she didn't have the chance to answer as a voice said, "Harry, my boy!"

"Sir! Wonderful to see you!" Harry stood up, seemingly enthusiastic as he shook Slughorn's hand. "What brings you here?"

"Oh, Three Broomsticks and I go way back further than I care to admit," winked Slughorn. "I remember when it was one broomstick."

Harry gave a fake laugh, while Alexandria was openly laughing at his uncomfortable body language.

"Listen, my boy. In the old days, I used to throw together the occasional supper party for a select student or two. Would you like to join?"

"I— I'd consider it an honor, sir," said Harry with a nod.

Slughorn nodded enthusiastically, then made eye contact with Alexandria— who was now merely staring at him with a cold look. "Well, I better get going," said the man, walking away.

Harry sat back down.

"What was that all about?"

"Dumbledore told me to get closer to him. Whatever information he wants is with Slughorn. I won't tell him the information if I get it, though."

"He's leaving," she changed the subject suddenly, nodding towards a blond boy— who was walking out of the pub.

Harry and Alexandria made eye contact, both of them immediately standing up.

A piercing scream was heard throughout the whole Hogsmeade village.

Harry looked horrorstruck, watching as Katie Bell was 6 feet up in the air— wearing a necklace.

"She wore it," scoffed Alexandria next to him, stopping when she saw Hagrid. "That oaf's near. Let's go. Harry?"

"Go. I'll make up an excuse." Harry immediately said, ushering her to leave.

She nodded, but looked reluctant— not leaving.

"Go." He repeated, not looking at her as she finally left.

(A.N: if any of you guys make a fanart or tiktok or anything that involves/mentions my fanfic— please message me and let me know! I love seeing everybody's creativity and opinions and it honestly brings me so much joy! <3)