𝗙𝗘𝗘𝗟𝗜𝗡𝗚𝗦

FEELINGS
"𝗁𝖾 𝗐𝖺𝗌𝗇'𝗍 𝖺 𝗌𝗉𝖺𝗋𝖾."

—TOM LOOKED AT BARTY EXPECTINGLY AS HE SAT DOWN IN HIS OFFICE

—TOM LOOKED AT BARTY EXPECTINGLY AS HE SAT DOWN IN HIS OFFICE. Alexandria was now back home in her room, while Tom was wanting to know what had happened in the graveyard.

"—and then I put a sleeping charm on Alexandria because I knew she'd do something reckless if I hadn't. When she fell asleep, I dueled James Potter and Dumbledore." finished Barty a few minutes later.

Tom nodded, but then frowned. "Why would she do something reckless?"

"Her boyfriend died by saving her."

The dark lord let out a deep sigh. "Oh for Salazar's sake," he rubbed his face. "You're dismissed, Barty."

Barty nodded and was about to walk out of the room when he was stopped by Tom saying, "And thank you for saving my daughter."

Tom knocked on his daughter's door a few minutes later. He frowned when nobody answered.

"Lex, can I come in?"

No answer again.

The door opened.

His daughter raised an eyebrow as if to ask 'what?'.

Tom sighed. "Can I come in?"

She merely opened the door wider and nodded once.

Tom walked in and immediately looked back at her. "How're you feeling?"

"What would you know about emotions?" She immediately shot back coldly, her face stone. "You'd be the last person I'd go to if I was feeling something. That says a lot if you remember the fact that we live with a maniacal woman, her just-as-maniacal husband, a death eater that was pretending to be the greatest auror for a year, a werewolf, and even more death eaters."

Her father frowned. "Lex, just because you're now feeling somewhat sad, doesn't mean you've got to take it out on me. I'm your father. I'm supposed to be the first person you'd trust with your emotions."

"Yeah, if you felt any." scoffed the girl bitterly. "Also, I'm not 'taking it out on you'.. you've been ignoring me for months! No letter, no visits. Nothing."

"Dumbledore had planned to confiscate every letter we sent and would give it to the Ministry." explained Tom calmly. "Which is why none of us have been able to get in contact with you."

"You could've told Barty to give me a letter or something."

"Dumbledore had already been suspicious of him the start of the year, so no. I couldn't." sighed Tom again. "Lex, I told you not to have a damn boyfriend. I told you that you'd get heartbroken. Look what happened now."

Her eyes teared up at the mention of Cedric. "Leave," she pointed to the door. "Please, leave."

"Lex—"

"I said—" she gritted her teeth in anger "—leave."

It was now midnight and Alexandria was in the kitchen, bored with nothing to do.

She couldn't fall asleep, the body of Cedric haunting her.

She tried to ignore the emotions she was feeling, but it was starting to get unbearable.

She was disgusted with herself. Disgusted about the fact that she couldn't save him. Disgusted about the reason he died.

She was angry with herself. Angry with letting herself feel something for the boy. Angry with still feeling something for him.

She felt guilty. Guilty about how easy it was for him to save her. Guilty about how he didn't even hesitate. Guilty about it all.

But most of all; she was heartbroken. Heartbroken about the fact that he left her. Heartbroken about the fact that she couldn't do anything about it. Heartbroken about being the reason he died. Heartbroken about not being able to save him.

Heartbroken about the fact that the first person who told her "I love you" was now.. gone.

Alexandria slowly slid down to the floor, her knees to her chest. Then, she started crying— which soon turned into silent sobbing.

A pair of strong arms held her a few minutes later. "I'm here," she heard Remus whisper. "Let it all out, Lexie."

"He wasn't a spare," whispered Alexandria through her tears. "He— he wasn't.."

"I know. I know," Remus kissed her head softly.

"I couldn't save him. I promised that I would, but I didn't," she choked out, letting out another sob.

"Shh," he started to rub her back comfortingly. "Just let it all out."