𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗙𝗜𝗡𝗔𝗟 𝗧𝗔𝗦𝗞

THE FINAL TASK
"𝗐𝖾 𝖼𝗈𝗎𝗅𝖽 𝖻𝖾 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗀𝗋𝖾𝖺𝗍𝖾𝗌𝗍 𝗍𝖾𝖺𝗆 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗐𝗈𝗋𝗅𝖽 𝗁𝖺𝗌 𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗋 𝗌𝖾𝖾𝗇."

—ALEXANDRIA CLUTCHED THE BRACELET AROUND HER WRIST ANXIOUSLY, BUT NO EMOTIONS WERE PORTRAYED ON HER FACE

—ALEXANDRIA CLUTCHED THE BRACELET AROUND HER WRIST ANXIOUSLY, BUT NO EMOTIONS WERE PORTRAYED ON HER FACE. It was finally the day of the third task, and the champions were in front of the maze with the other students now filing in. She frowned when Harry walked over to her. "Goodluck," said Harry with a smile and left.

She merely rolled her eyes and turned around, noticing Dumbledore looking at her with a glimmer in his eyes.

Whatever he was planning, Alexandria knew would be bad.

"Hey," whispered a comforting voice, catching her attention.

Cedric motioned for her to follow him.

As soon as the two were alone, they immediately hugged each other.

Cedric kissed her head softly. "You'll be fine, I promise."

"I don't think so," mumbled the girl.

"You will. If Dumbledore tries to do something, he'll be the first person I kill when I become a death eater."

"Cedric," she pulled away. "you're not joining."

"Yes, I am."

"No, you're not!"

"Yes," he frowned. "I am."

"Why?!"

"Because, I don't want to leave you.. leave us.."

"But.. why would you throw away your whole damn life for me?" Alexandria asked, a bit calmer.

"Because I love you."

Her eyes widened. "What?"

But before he could answer, the cannon shot, meaning that it was time for the champions to get into the maze.

"We'll talk about this later," said Cedric before leaving to rush into the maze with the others.

About 20 minutes later, Alexandria was in the maze still— trying to ignore what Cedric had said and just focus on the task.

The path ahead was empty too, and when Alexandria reached a right turn and took it, she again found her way unblocked. She didn't know why, but the lack of obstacles was unnerving her. Surely she should have met something by now? It felt as though the maze were luring her into a false sense of security. Then she heard movement right behind her.

Alexandria held out her wand, ready to attack, but its beam fell only upon Cedric, who had just hurried out of a path on the right-hand side. Cedric looked severely shaken. The sleeve of his robe was smoking.