𝗪𝗘𝗔𝗞..𝗢𝗥 𝗡𝗢𝗧

WEAK..OR NOT
"𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖿𝗈𝗋 𝗍𝗁𝖺𝗍, 𝖨 𝗐𝗂𝗅𝗅 𝖿𝗈𝗋𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗋 𝖿𝖾𝖾𝗅 𝗌𝗈𝗋𝗋𝗒 𝖿𝗈𝗋 𝗒𝗈𝗎.."

—ALEXANDRIA DIDN'T BREAK EYE CONTACT WITH HER FATHER, WHO DIDN'T DARE TO REFUSE AS HE DIDN'T WANT TO BREAK HER HEART

—ALEXANDRIA DIDN'T BREAK EYE CONTACT WITH HER FATHER, WHO DIDN'T DARE TO REFUSE AS HE DIDN'T WANT TO BREAK HER HEART. "Right.. that's a great idea," he said, a bit reluctant when she finished talking about how Harry Potter could join their side and the plan she had been thinking of.

"Figured," said his daughter as she stood up and tried walking out of his office, but was stopped.

"Lex," Tom said, catching her attention. He looked almost.. worried and.. regretful? "I apologize."

"For what?"

"For being a bad father." sighed the man as he sat back down.

Alexandria raised an eyebrow. "I'm listening."

"I should've thought about what you felt from the beginning and the fact that you were seeking comfort and love."

Her expression changed. She let out a shaky breath. "What?"

"There's just no way my daughter would want to be with somebody from a light family without a reason."

"Yes, the reason is I liked him!" She defended herself, suddenly angry. How dare he talk about Cedric as if she had just used him? As if he was nothing?

"No, you liked the comfort he gave," said the man calmly. He raised an eyebrow and looked at her expectingly, "Right?"

Alexandria didn't back down. In fact, she looked angrier than ever. "You don't get to tell me what I wanted. I know damn well what I wanted."

"What did you want from him?" sneered Tom, defensive.

"I wanted his stupid grin and his stupid compliments. I wanted his stupid brown eyes and his stupid laugh. I wanted his stupid talks and his stupid flirting. I wanted his stupidly loving heart and his stupidly loving smile!" She finally let it all out, and a few tears followed after that. "But in the end, I was the stupid one. I was stupid enough to believe that somebody, who loved me, would stay. And it's all my fault. It's all my fault that he's gone."

"He loved you?" Tom asked. "He told you that?"

She let out a bitter chuckle, wiping her tears. "First one to ever say it. I always thought it'd be Sirius or Remus or maybe.. maybe you. Funny how things work, right?"

"Lex, I'm sorry. I had no idea."

"Oh, and for the record—" she pointed a finger at him, tears welling up in her eyes again. "—he was planning to join the dark side for me. Not that it even matters, because I'd have wanted him, even if he was light."

Tom's whole demeanor changed. "He was making you weak. He still is, even when he's dead."

"How dare you!" Alexandria fumed. "I finally had somebody who wouldn't judge me for who I am and finally made me feel loved, and that's what you think?! Feelings aren't weak! You, however, wouldn't know anything about feelings, Tom. You never will."

She turned around and walked to the door, but looked back at him one last time. "And for that, I will forever feel sorry for you.. for not only do you not know how to love, but you claim that just because you can't have something, it means that it's suddenly weak."

Tom frowned, watching as his daughter walked away and slammed the door shut.