𝗦𝗜𝗠𝗣𝗟𝗘 𝗕𝗨𝗧 𝗛𝗔𝗥𝗗

SIMPLE BUT HARD
"𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝖼𝖺𝗇'𝗍 𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗇 𝗌𝖺𝗒 𝗂𝗍, 𝖼𝖺𝗇 𝗒𝗈𝗎?"

—ALEXANDRIA TRIED NOT TO LET ANY EMOTION SHOW, BUT COULDN'T STOP THE SHOCK WHEN HER FATHER SUDDENLY BARGED INTO THE OFFICE, WHERE SHE WAS AT WITH THE OTHER CHAMPIONS

ALEXANDRIA TRIED NOT TO LET ANY EMOTION SHOW, BUT COULDN'T STOP THE SHOCK WHEN HER FATHER SUDDENLY BARGED INTO THE OFFICE, WHERE SHE WAS AT WITH THE OTHER CHAMPIONS. "—she has to compete." finished Bartemius Crouch, although it was obvious nobody was listening to him.

"Like hell she will," fumed Thomas Slytherin with a sneer, putting a protective hand on her shoulder.

"Lord Slytherin." Ludo Bagman's eyes widened, along with many other's.

It was extremely rare to be in the presence of the said lord, apart from in the Ministry at the Wizengamot, of course.

"It seems like she has to, Tom." Dumbledore said with a knowing look.

Tom's jaw clenched. "No, she doesn't." He insisted.

"Actually, she does," Bartemius Crouch joined in with a bored look. "It's a magical binding contract. Should she not compete, her magic would be gone."

"I don't want to compete!" complained Alexandria as soon as they were alone.

Tom, who had already fought with Dumbledore and almost everyone over this in the last couple of minutes, sighed. "Neither do I, Lex. However, you can't break a magical contract."

Her shoulders slumped. "This is his doing, isn't it?"

"Dumbledore's? Definitely." nodded Tom, eyes flashing with fury. "Nonetheless, you'll be alright. I'll make sure of it."

"That doesn't make me feel any better."

"It wasn't supposed to."

She glared at him. "Thanks, father. That helps alot." She sarcastically said.

Tom sighed, his tough facade gone for a few seconds but it was back quickly. "Barty will help you through it all, I assure you. As for Dumbledore, he will not get away with this."

"And if I die?"

Something flickered in his eyes, his body tensing. "You won't," he sharply said.

"Right," nodded the girl reluctantly.

"Lex," he hesitated before continuing, "The other guy—" he wrinkled his nose "—that was chosen for the tournament can help as well."

"Diggory?" scoffed his daughter. "I'd rather die."

"You need all the help you can get. This isn't some 'game', Alexandria."

She gave him a frown at the use of her name. "Fine," mumbled Alexandria reluctantly. "I'll just let anybody help. Maybe even Potter can."

Tom rolled his eyes at her sarcasm but nodded. "Good. I'll be sending you books about the previous tournaments and everything.." he rubbed his eyes, obviously very distressed.

Alexandria, noticing this, huffed and looked offended. "You don't have to look strong just because I'm with you, father. You don't have to act strong in front of me."

"Alright," said the man, sitting down on a chair in the abandoned classroom. "You want to know how I feel?" He continued when she nodded, "I'm at my fucking breaking point, Alexandria. They're using you to get to me, knowing you're the only person I care about. They know that you're the only person I—"

She looked downwards when he stopped, feeling her heart breaking.

"Lex.. you know what I mean."

"You can't even say it, can you?" Alexandria asked with a frown.

Tom messed up his neat hair as he ran his hands through it, looking even more distressed. "I— No. No, I can't."

Alexandria didn't expect anything else, but it still hurt— even though she'd never admit it, nor would she show it.

"It's just three words," mumbled the girl, trying not to let her eyes tear up. "you've never said it before. Nobody has."

"Lex—"

"I forget that you're the dark lord sometimes," she continued. "Whenever I look at you, I see my father, not a man who has killed, ripped, and shred families, homes— heck, the whole wizarding world. And all I get in the end?"

"Lex—"

"Nothing," she shrugged. "That's what I get. Just a few bullying from other students and shit. That's it."

Keeping that in mind for later on, Tom frowned. "Lex, I apologize, but I can't." He tried. "I try to show it instead of saying it. Isn't that something?"

"It is," nodded his daughter with a faraway look in her eyes. "but it'd be nice to be told 'I love you' from my father sometimes. People might say actions speak louder than words, but sometimes.. the words are what's wanted. Just to be sure."