𝗙𝗢𝗨𝗡𝗗 𝗢𝗨𝗧

FOUND OUT
"𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗒'𝗋𝖾 𝗌𝖾𝖺𝗋𝖼𝗁𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝖿𝗈𝗋 𝖠𝗏𝖺 𝖯𝗈𝗍𝗍𝖾𝗋."

—WHEN THEIR TALK FINISHED, ALEXANDRIA RUSHED TO HER ROOM, WANTING NOTHING MORE THAN SOME PEACE AND QUIET

WHEN THEIR TALK FINISHED, ALEXANDRIA RUSHED TO HER ROOM, WANTING NOTHING MORE THAN SOME PEACE AND QUIET. Unfortunately, luck wasn't on her side. As soon as she opened her bedroom door, her expression changed from panic to rage. "Get out of my room, Malfoy."

"No more 'bleached pompous fool'?" pouted Draco sarcastically, who was sitting on the couch by the fireplace on the other side of the room.

"I said: get the fuck out of my room. Don't come in here again without permission."

"I'll keep that in mind next time," said Draco as he stood up and walked over to her. "You're not in trouble, are you?"

Alexandria noticed a flicker of emotion, which she couldn't recognize, passing through his eyes, but it was gone as soon as it came. "No. After all, I didn't lie when I said that I wasn't in danger and nothing happened."

Draco nodded. "True."

"What's your deal here?" She finally asked.

He now looked confused. "What?"

"You and I both know what happened and as much as I hate to admit it— you saved me." She said, cringing at the end. "Even though it was sheer luck. However, you know that I don't want to talk about it and you're accepting it with no further thought. Don't you want something?"

"Want something?"

"Yeah. Like a prize for.. letting me not die."

"Want something for letting you not die?" Draco repeated, a hint of amusement in his voice. His eyes, though, were filled with surprise and a bit of horror. "I don't want anything in return, Slytherin. I just reacted on instinct."

"Right. Instinct. Other than that, you wouldn't have done what you did, right?" asked Alexandria, her voice filled with hope.

"Of course not." scoffed Draco, now walking to the door. "Believe me, I only saved you because you're the dark lord's daughter. If something happened to you, he'd have killed my family and myself."

Alexandria immediately relaxed. "Oh thank Merlin. You still hate me."

"If it makes you feel any better— that will never change."

"Oh, it does make me feel better." She nodded. Then, she practically pushed him out of her room. "Now, get the fuck out."

"—and I'm becoming your new Defense Against the Dark Arts professor." finished Remus.

Alexandria almost dropped the book she was holding. "You what?"

Sirius huffed, crossing his arms.

"Padfoot, we talked about this."

"Talked about what?" asked their goddaughter, looking highly confused.

"Sirius doesn't want me to accept the job."

"Because the only reason Dumbledore offered to hire you is—" Sirius stopped, noticing Remus' look.

Alexandria looked at them both, starting to feel suspicious. "Is..?"

The door suddenly opened and in came the dark lord, who looked panicked. "Lex, I have to talk to you. Come."

"Father, is everything alright?"

Tom closed the door when they reached his study and started pacing in front of the fireplace— a sign that everything was most definitely not alright.

Alexandria sighed and started fidgeting with the rings on her fingers, already knowing she wasn't going to like this.

"They found out."

Her head snapped up, every bad scenario already playing in her head. "Who found what out?"

"Dumbledore and everyone else in the wizarding world found out about Ava Potter."

Her jaw dropped. "What?"

"They're searching for you."

"Now?!" She exclaimed angrily as she stood up. "They're searching for me now?! What do they even want with me?!"

Tom sighed and put his hands on her shoulders in an attempt to calm her down. "They're searching for Ava Potter. You're Alexandria Slytherin. I'll make sure they don't find you, I promise."

"This is why Dumbledore's hiring Remus, isn't it? So be can 'help' find me, right? Then, he's going to use him and Sirius for the Order of Phoenix."

Her father tried not letting show his pride and surprise at the fact that she solved it much faster than he did. "Yes, Lex. That's exactly it. Stick to Remus' side at all times, but just be careful not to do it in front of Dumbledore. The Potters have quit their jobs at the school, wanting to 'find Ava' with the Ministry."

"How did they even find out that Ava's alive?!"

"Dumbledore. I don't know anything else, Lex." sighed Tom, sitting down.

"This'll be a fun year, I'm sure." She said sarcastically just before walking out of the room and slamming the door shut.