𝗛𝗢𝗥𝗦𝗘𝗦

HORSES
"𝖨 𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍 𝗁𝗈𝗋𝗌𝖾𝖻𝖺𝖼𝗄 𝗋𝗂𝖽𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗐𝗂𝗍𝗁 𝗆𝗒 𝖿𝖺𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗋."

—SIRIUS BLACK AND HIS HUSBAND SHARED A LOOK WHEN THEY BOTH NOTICED THEIR GODDAUGHTER BEING UNUSUALLY QUIET AT THE DINNER TABLE

SIRIUS BLACK AND HIS HUSBAND SHARED A LOOK WHEN THEY BOTH NOTICED THEIR GODDAUGHTER BEING UNUSUALLY QUIET AT THE DINNER TABLE. The three Lestranges were on a mission, while Dolohov was busy sharpening his own daggers somewhere around the manor, Barty and Mulciber were in the dungeons torturing prisoners because they were bored— so that only left Sirius, Remus, and Tom, who were all eating dinner with Alexandria.

The almost-13-year-old was quiet— too quiet. Tom was reading the daily prophet, but also noticed the same thing Sirius and Remus had noticed, which was why he kept glancing at her every few minutes.

"Alright. What's wrong?" Sirius finally asked.

His goddaughter looked up from the plate of food she hadn't touched and gave a side-glare to her father. "Nothing. Nothing at all." She said through gritted teeth.

Pretending not to even notice, Tom kept on reading the daily prophet.

Alexandria huffed and stood up, walking out of the dining room.

"Slytherin house-elf." called Tom.

A house elf popped in, bowing in front of him. "Master called house elf?"

"Take a tray of food to my daughter's bedroom."

"Yes, master." The house elf said and popped away.

An hour later, Alexandria looked up from from the letter she had gotten from Daphne and Pansy when someone knocked on her bedroom door. "Come in."

Tom walked in and closed the door, sighing when he noticed her glare. "You're still mad at me?"

"Of course I am."

"You can be mad at me, but I got you something."

His daughter rolled her eyes. "You can't buy me something whenever you make me mad. The whole point is for you to feel guilty."

Tom's lips quirked upwards. "I know that. As I remember— you were mad at me at Yule, because I didn't spend time with you. However, I know just the way we can spend some time together. Follow me."

She sighed and nodded, following him out of the room.

Alexandria seemed extremely confused as to why they were heading a few blocks away from the manor. "Where are we going?"

"We're almost there." said Tom, who kept on walking.

A few minutes later, they were by what looked to be a stable, which wasn't there before.

Suddenly realizing what was happening, Alexandria's jaw dropped. "You didn't.."

Trying to keep his own smile in, Tom pointed to something behind his daughter.

She turned around and made eye contact with a pitch black horse. "She's beautiful.." Alexandria whispered in awe.

The horse neighed, letting herself be pet by Alexandria.

"Do you like it?" Tom asked, catching his daughter's attention again.

Her head snapped up, eyes widening in disbelief. "You did all this for me? You got her for me?"

"I thought that was obvious." Tom rolled his eyes fondly. "Yes, I did. It's also your early birthday present. There's another horse somewhere in the stables, so we can go on horse rides together."

Not bothering to hide her shock, Alexandria looked and felt overwhelmed. "Father.. this is way too much.."

"I was hoping for a 'thank you', but I guess that's enough—" but he was cut off by his daughter rushing to him, hugging him tightly.

He let out a fond chuckle and hugged back.

"Thank you! I love it!"

"You did not just go horseback riding with the dark lord." Mulciber said in disbelief that night.

Alexandria was with the inner-circle right now, bonding with them, which was a normal thing. "No. I went horseback riding with my father, Mulci."

"Honestly, Mulciber— how dumb can you get?" Rabastan rolled his eyes, dodging a dagger Dolohov threw. "FOR FUCK'S SAKE, DOLOHOV—!"

"Yeah, Mulciber. Our lord would do anything for Alexa." Dolohov said, continuing to throw his daggers at the running Rabastan.

Rodolphus turned around at the shouting of his brother, rolled his eyes, and went back to talking with his wife.