𝗧𝗢𝗚𝗘𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗥

TOGETHER
"𝗂'𝖽 𝗅𝗈𝗏𝖾 𝗍𝗈 𝖻𝖾 𝗐𝗂𝗍𝗁 𝗒𝗈𝗎."

—"YOU MISSED CLASSES ALL DAY," SAID A VOICE, SITTING DOWN NEXT TO HER

"YOU MISSED CLASSES ALL DAY," SAID A VOICE, SITTING DOWN NEXT TO HER. "Is everything alright?" He asked further, looking at the girl, who was looking at the window.

"Yes," replied Alexandria monotonously.

Draco raised an eyebrow, even though she couldn't see. "You can't possibly think I believe that," he said, then frowned. "Is it because of what I told you?"

She became quiet, still staring at the window.

"Ellie, I— I'm sorry. I didn't know it'd make you uncomfortable or something. I just thought— I thought we had something going on for some time and I hate that I ruined it, which was why I admitted everything and—" he stopped when she turned and looked at him. "—and I'm sorry. I really am."

"What do you want me to do, Draco? I don't want you to be in danger."

"Why would I be in danger?"

"My father would severely harm you if he ever found out about us," scoffed Alexandria as if it was obvious.

"He doesn't have to know," said the boy with a small smirk.

She rolled her eyes, because she had already been expecting the exact same answer from him.

"Look, Ellie," he sighed, but looked honest and seemed honest. "If you need time, just say so. I'll wait for you however long you want. If you want to be together, just say so. I'll make you the happiest girl on earth. If you don't want to be together, just say so. It isn't right to pressure you into something like this— or anything at all."

"I'd love to be with you,"Alexandria whispered after a few seconds.

"Alexandria Slytherin wants to be my girlfriend?" Draco asked in a bit of disbelief, tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear. His hand lingered on her jaw afterwards.

She leaned into his touch and nodded, not breaking eye contact. "Yes." She said, lips quirking upwards when he started to smile.

He became quiet, but leaned in and kissed her— softly and slowly. And she, of course, kissed back.

And for once, Alexandria felt something.

With Cedric, it was all like, and she didn't feel like she had something to fight for because.. if she was being honest.. she never saw a future with him. Maybe it was because of how kind he was and how different he was from her, or because of how he came from a light family. But whatever it was, Alexandria knew she couldn't feel anything more than like for the boy.. and maybe that's why she felt so guilty about his death. For once, she felt guilty for being selfish.

But with Draco.. it was different.

Their relationship was more understanding and more compatible, because they both related to each other through their dark and happy times.

Through taking care of each other— mentally and physically— they both found something in it. And maybe, just maybe, Alexandria would feel more.. or maybe she already was..

"What's this?" asked Alexandria as Harry put a few parchments in front of her and a potions book.

"The homework you missed," answered Harry, sitting down in front of her at the library. "Slughorn seemed a bit too enthusiastic about the fact that you missed classes today."

"He's just scared of my father."

"Could be," nodded Harry in agreement, looking up when he noticed that somebody was walking up to them.

"Dria?" asked a voice suddenly.

Alexandria's fist clenched. "What?" She asked harshly, turning around.

Daphne merely smiled. "Can we talk?"

"Go ahead."

Her smile faltered. "I'm really sorry for what I said. I didn't know anything back then."

"Alright," said the Slytherin heiress, not saying anything else.

"Right," Daphne nodded, having expected more than just a small reply. "I'll just leave. I'll see you around."

"Will you ever forgive her?" asked Harry as soon as the girl was out of sight.

"I just did, but I don't want to go back to the friendship I had with her."

"What about Parkinson?"

"We hang out in the common room sometimes, but that's it," said Alexandria truthfully.

Harry frowned. "That's it?"

"Yeah. I just never really.. fit in.. with them. Daphne's all nice and sugar. Pansy's all mean and sour. Even I have my limits to being mean. Anyways, Pansy's father is a deatheater and a really bad one at that. Daphne's family almost disowned her last year, because they found out that she's been owling a mudblood Hufflepuff. I can't be seen with them anymore. Not that I even want to."

"How do you know that?" grinned Harry, loving the drama.

"News travel fast through pureblood families, Harry."

"Right," nodded Harry. "Of course."

"Anyway, I should get started with this—" she pointed to the parchment and the potions book "—so I'll see you around. Thanks for telling me about the homework."

"Anytime, but try not to miss any classes again." said her brother as he stood up.

"We'll see about that."